Wednesday, 30 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (32 speeches)
A year ago this week, the secret deal, done between the Government and the IRA in respect of the release of the killers of Detective Garda Jerry McCabe, was exposed causing widespread anger among...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Computerisation Programme. (16 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on implementation of the e-Cabinet project; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30006/05]
- Consultancy Contracts. (27 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Taoiseach the consultants engaged by his Department since June 1997; the purpose of each assignment; the projected cost and actual cost of each assignment; and if he will...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (9 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (5 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 15, motion re establishment of a commission of investigation into matters relating to and arising from the making of a confession by Dean Lyons (deceased); No. 28,...
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (2 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to debate the following urgent matter: the need for the Minister for Agriculture and Food to account for the position she adopted in...
- Order of Business (Resumed). (145 speeches)
There is one proposal to put to the House. Is the proposal for dealing with No. 15, motion re establishment of a commission of investigation, agreed? Agreed.
- Commissions of Investigation: Motion. (26 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, —bearing in mind the specific matters considered by the Government to be of significant public concern arising from the making of a confession by Dean Lyons...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Údarás na Gaeltachta.
- Údarás na Gaeltachta. (6 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta i bhfianaise a raibh le rá ag feidhmeannaigh Údarás na Gaeltachta an tseachtain seo caite nuair a d'fhreastail siad ar an...
- Dormant Accounts Fund. (13 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the amount of money at present lodged to the dormant accounts fund; when it is proposed to advertise for applications...
- Community Development. (14 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the results of the review process carried out by his Department in conjunction with the Department of the Environment,...
- Teanga Gaeilge. (24 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta an bhfuil tuarascáil d'aon sórt faighte aige ón staidéar teangeolaíoch a bhí dírithe ar úsáid na Gaeilge sa...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Rural Transport Services.
- Rural Transport Services. (26 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the benefits the Government's Transport 21 plan will bring to rural communities throughout Ireland; his views on...
- Fóram na Gaeilge. (8 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta cén dul chun cinn atá déanta ag Fóram na Gaeilge ó thús na bliana; agus an ndéanfaidh sé ráiteas ina thaobh. [36949/05]
- National Drugs Strategy. (30 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the funding which is available to persons who do not qualify for the day to day running and development of their...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael D. Higgins —...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Message from Select Committees. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Finance and the Public Service has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimate for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2005:...
- Commissions of Investigation: Motion (Resumed). (20 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Transfer of Execution of Sentences Bill 2003 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (28 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 17:
- Railway Safety Bill 2001: From the Seanad. (82 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Climate Change Targets Bill 2005: Second Stage (Resumed). (146 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Road Safety. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to speak on this important matter. In 2000 the Tánaiste and then Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment appointed a review group to consider public...
- Security of the Elderly. (5 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Ellis.
- Traveller Accommodation. (6 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise on the Adjournment the condition to which Carrowbrowne halting site has been allowed to deteriorate. The Ceann Comhairle also allowed me to raise this...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (4 speeches)
I thank you, a Cheann Comhairle, for allowing me to raise this issue. It concerns the urgent need to improve the sewerage scheme at Kilmallock in County Limerick. The current scheme is 50 years...