Wednesday, 2 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.35 p.m.
- Business of Dáil. (1 speech)
Deputies should note the reason for the delay was that the House cannot commence proceedings until a quorum is present.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Social Partnership. (17 speeches)
Question 100: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the initiatives he intends to take to improve employment standards as requested by the Irish Congress of Trade Unions in the...
- Departmental Bodies. (22 speeches)
Question 103: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reason for the delay in bringing forward legislation to establish the national consumer agency; the timescale for the...
- EU Funding. (9 speeches)
Question 102: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the grounds on which he has made an application to the European Commission for grant aid to Centocor; the amount of...
- Departmental Appointments. (28 speeches)
Question 104: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reason applications for the position of chief science adviser were not invited and the position was not advertised; the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Consumer Strategy Group.
- Consumer Strategy Group. (10 speeches)
Question 105: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the progress made to date with regard to the implementation of the recommendations contained in the report of the consumer...
- Business Regulation. (13 speeches)
Question 106: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the number of meetings of the better regulation group which have taken place; the action which has been taken arising from...
- Groceries Order. (52 speeches)
Question 107: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the progress made to date with regard to the public consultation process on the groceries order; when he expects to make a...
- Local Authority Funding. (31 speeches)
Question 108: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his concerns regarding the impact of levies being imposed by local authorities on the development of small to medium-sized...
- Unemployment Levels. (8 speeches)
Question 109: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the details of the recently established Donegal interdepartmental group; its terms of reference and membership; if any...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Crawford — the need for...
- Leaders' Questions. (130 speeches)
A transport plan was launched yesterday after what we were told was 11 months of planning. I have a slim volume of it here. It consists of four speeches, three maps, two lists and one repackaged...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
Tribunals of Inquiry.
- Tribunals of Inquiry. (41 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the costs which have accrued to date to his Department in respect of the Moriarty tribunal; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24244/05]
- Freedom of Information. (43 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department since January 2005; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24247/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (8 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to debate the following urgent matter: that the Minister for Health and Children meet a deputation to discuss the absence of a 24-hour...
- Order of Business. (93 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 9, motion re Social Welfare Consolidation Bill 2005; and No. 13, Health and Social Care Professionals Bill 2004 [Seanad] — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages....
- Social Welfare Consolidation Bill 2005: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, in the case of the Social Welfare Consolidation Bill 2005— (a) Report Stage shall be taken on Tuesday, 8 November 2005; and (b) Fifth...
- Health and Social Care Professionals Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Health and Social Care Professionals Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report Stage. (70 speeches)
I move amendment No.1: In page 9, between lines 5 and 6, to insert the following: "(a) chiropractor;". This amendment seeks to amend section 4 on page 9 of the Bill as presented by inserting in...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Irish Unification: Motion.
- Irish Unification: Motion. (107 speeches)
I propose to share time with Deputies Ó Snodaigh, Ferris, Sargent, Finian McGrath and Joe Higgins.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Industrial Relations. (6 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment, namely, the situation in An Post. The sins of An Post against its workers are gross. The Sustaining Progress agreement...
- Criminal Prosecutions. (2 speeches)
On 22 May 2003, a young woman, Georgina Eager, was brutally murdered in Dublin. Her family was devastated by the loss of a lovely and gentle daughter and sister. Their anguish was compounded by...