Wednesday, 23 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Visit of Swiss Delegation. (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business I wish on my behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to a parliamentary delegation from...
- Leaders' Questions. (74 speeches)
The Ceann Comhairle's predecessor used to extend a loquacious céad míle fáilte to all visitors from abroad in his own unique style. One of the characteristics of the Government, now in its...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
European Council Meetings.
- European Council Meetings. (40 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if the agenda for the forthcoming meeting of the European Council in the United Kingdom has been finalised; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28677/05]
- Suspension of Members: Expressions of Regret. (1 speech)
I have received from Deputy Allen a written expression of regret for his conduct in the House on Tuesday, 22 November which led to his suspension. In the circumstances of the case I approve of...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy. (10 speeches)
On behalf of Fianna Fáil and on my own behalf I extend deepest sympathies to the family and friends of our late colleague, Liam Lawlor, on the sad occasion of his tragic death on 22 October....
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (11 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (132 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 26, statements on the current situation in the European Union, including the treaty establishing a constitution for Europe; and No. 15, motion re Book of Estimates,...
- European Union: Statements. (7 speeches)
I welcome this opportunity to speak to the House on the current situation in the European Union. As we come to the end of the year, it is timely to look back and reflect on the main events in...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Gangland Killings. (68 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on whether the current level of gangland crime is acceptable; the measures he proposes to take to tackle the...
- Garda Recruitment. (21 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if the appointment of designated community gardaí in every Garda district will be approved with a view to combating the...
- Adequacy of Law. (8 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on whether the law as it stands is sufficiently balanced in terms of a person's right to defend their home; and his...
- Garda Operations. (10 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he is satisfied that the Garda vetting unit is adequately resourced to deal with all requests from organisations seeking...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Prison Building Programme.
- Prison Building Programme. (35 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason it was necessary to purchase such a large site at Thornton Hall; his plans to develop the site further; if it is...
- Road Traffic Offences. (19 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if his attention has been drawn to the fact that a judge (details supplied) dismissed 13 cases of alleged drink driving on 9...
- Prison Building Programme. (16 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if the proposed development of the new prison at Thornton Hall has passed the preliminary PPP appraisal stage; if it has been...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Eamon Ryan — if the...
- European Union: Statements (Resumed). (40 speeches)
Deputy Quinn was in possession and he has nine minutes remaining.
- Estimates for Public Services 2006: Motion (Resumed). (76 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Housing Developments: Motion (Resumed).
- Message from the Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Health and Social Care Professionals Bill 2004, without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (8 speeches)
Along with my colleagues I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this issue of immense concern in the Cork and Kerry region. The depth of the concern can be gauged by proceedings in the House...