Tuesday, 29 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Information Technology Programme.
- Information Technology Programme. (14 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the way in which he will give elderly persons more access to technology; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30848/05]
- Tourism Revenue. (20 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach the estimated expenditure, classified by route of travel, by tourism visitors here since 2000, excluding the lower international fares; if the figures will be...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, questions to the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, will take place now and shall conclude at 4.15 p.m. today.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Local Government Funding.
- Local Government Funding. (31 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his plans for the future funding of local government; when the Indecon report on local government finance will...
- Local Authority Housing. (37 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of applicants seeking local authority housing in the assessment of housing needs which was carried...
- Recycling Policy. (12 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has satisfied himself that manufacturers or distributors are making an adequate financial contribution to...
- Nuclear Safety. (30 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he intends to meet the British Prime Minister, Mr. Tony Blair and his Ministers concerning the future of the...
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions. (20 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the target which Ireland has set in the national climate change strategy for the reduction of greenhouse gas...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Nuclear Plants. (16 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he raised the privatisation of UK nuclear installations, including installations not being decommissioned,...
- Election Management System. (48 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if his attention has been drawn to the fact that the UK Government has cancelled all it plans to run trials of...
- Litter Pollution. (18 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on whether the distributors of free newspapers should be compelled to make arrangements for...
- Political Donations. (17 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he is still of the view that the limits on corporate political donations are too inflexible; if he will rule...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Finneran — if the...
- Leaders' Questions. (53 speeches)
As the nation is aware, approximately one quarter of Ireland's freight capacity is out of action coming into the very busy Christmas period. The action of Irish Ferries management suggests that...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (10 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (87 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re leave to introduce Supplementary Estimates [Votes 6, 13, 20, 26, 27, 30 and 35]; No. 11, motion re referral of Supplementary Estimates [Votes 6, 13, 20,...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Leave to Introduce. (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31 December 2005:— Vote 6 — Office of the Minister for...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31 December 2005, the Supplementary Estimates be referred to...
- Statement of Expenditure: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann take note of the supplementary sum not exceeding €34,000 required by the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission to defray the charge which will come in course of...
- European Evidence Warrant: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion, provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam, to take part in the adoption of the following...
- Membership of Committee: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Pat Rabbitte be discharged from the Committee of Public Accounts and that Deputy Joan Burton be appointed in substitution for him.
- Statute Law Revision (Pre-1922) Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Statute Law Revision (Pre-1922) Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Report and Final Stages. (1 speech)
Bill reported without amendment, received for final consideration and passed.
- Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (7 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31: Irish Ferries Dispute. (194 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing this important matter to be debated by Dáil Éireann. We are calling on the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Deputy Martin, to intervene...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Climate Change Targets Bill 2005: Second Stage. (156 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I wish to share time with Deputies Cuffe, Boyle, Finian McGrath and Morgan.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Ambulance Service. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise the issue of the provision of an emergency ambulance service for the town of Carrick-on-Suir and surrounding areas. The current ambulance...
- Telecommunications Services. (2 speeches)
I raise this matter to find out what information technology supports have been or are intended to be given to a company in my constituency, Forward Emphasis Limited. I am glad the Minister of...
- Child Care Services. (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to speak on the equal opportunities child care programme delivered in the Cootehill community resource centre, located in the Drumnaveil estate. The resource centre was...
- Sexual Offenders. (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State to the House. This matter concerns the need for the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to clarify his policy on convicted paedophiles while serving...