Thursday, 17 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (12 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (145 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 4, Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Bill 2005 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage, to adjourn at 2 p.m. if not previously concluded; and No. 1, Employees...
- Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Bill 2005: Order for Second Stage. (32 speeches)
Bill entitled an Act to revise with amendments Part xiii of The Fisheries (Consolidation) Act 1959 and The Maritime Jurisdiction Acts 1959 to 1988, to amend and extend the Fisheries Acts 1959 to...
- Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Bill 2005: Second Stage. (120 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The primary purpose of this Bill is to modernise the legislative framework for sea-fisheries. The principal Act currently in place was adopted...
- Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (15 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Sports Capital Programme.
- Sports Capital Programme. (9 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism when funding will be provided to enable the proposed campus Ireland project to commence at Abbotstown; and if he will make a statement...
- State Airports. (4 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will make a statement on the future of the Shannon Airport stopover, and the implications any change may have for tourism in the...
- Sports Stadium. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the timescale for the provision of the new stadium at Lansdowne Road; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [35008/05]
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Question No. 5 withdrawn.
- Performing Arts. (9 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the progress on the acquisition of space to extend the National Concert Hall; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [34634/05]
- Sport and Recreational Development. (8 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding the establishment of the All-Ireland Greyhound Racing Authority; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. (11 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism if he will report on his meeting with Mr. David Hanson MP, Northern Ireland's Minister for Culture, Arts and Leisure, particularly in...
- National Conference Centre. (5 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the position regarding the appointment of the successful tenderer for the provision of the proposed national conference centre; and if...
- Tourism Industry. (5 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism the details of North-South co-operation or joint initiatives in developing tourism on the whole island. [34643/05]
- Water Quality. (4 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism his views on the potential negative effects on tourism if recommendations are not adhered to in light of the report published by...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Costello — the action...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Avian Influenza. (2 speeches)
I thank the Minister, Deputy O'Donoghue, for being present. All Health Service Executive areas were instructed on Monday, 31 October, by the assistant national director of population health, Dr....
- Extradition Requests. (2 speeches)
The issue I am raising today is unusual. The extradition of two wanted men in the Czech Republic is being sought from this country. They are apparently fugitives from justice. They are wanted for...
- Coroners Service. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me the opportunity to raise this important issue. I have had the privilege of being a Member for three and a half years and he has been kind enough to...
- Local Authority Funding. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important matter. The way in which local authorities are funded has a bearing on their ability to deliver services. I will focus on...