Tuesday, 15 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Ministerial Responsibilities. (62 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the functions and responsibilities of the Ministers of State attached to his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24523/05]
- Departmental Bodies. (33 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach the membership of the task force on active citizenship; when it will issue its first report; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [24621/05]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Negotiations. (10 speeches)
Question 94: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the status of the EU sugar negotiations; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [34272/05]
- Animal and Plant Diseases. (8 speeches)
Question 95: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if the Government will consider the establishment of a national biosecurity unit, similar to the one operating in New Zealand, to take...
- Food Imports. (20 speeches)
Question 96: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her plans to help producers here compete against the deluge of imported foods that do not have to meet the same high quality standards...
- EU Funding. (14 speeches)
Question 97: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the discussions she has had with the EU Commission on the rural development budget; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [34273/05]
- Bovine Diseases. (12 speeches)
Question 98: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the number of cases of BSE in cattle discovered in 2004 and to date in 2005; the number of those cattle that were born after 1996 when a...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Alternative Energy Projects.
- Alternative Energy Projects. (26 speeches)
Question 99: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her plans to develop the renewable energy sector; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [33808/05]
- Rural Environment Protection Scheme. (16 speeches)
Question 100: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she is satisfied with progress under REP scheme 3 and the consultation process on REP scheme 4. [34113/05]
- Organic Farming. (10 speeches)
Question 101: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on the prospects for the organic food sector here. [34109/05]
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Moynihan — to...
- Leaders' Questions. (47 speeches)
On 5 October this year, the Taoiseach assured the House that all IT projects within the Health Service Executive would be reviewed, including a contract with a company called iSoft. The project...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (29 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to discuss the following matter of urgent concern, namely, the deprivation of entertainment and media workers of the right to be...
- Order of Business. (88 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Council framework decision on the European evidence warrant for obtaining...
- European Council Decisions: Referral to Joint Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion, provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam, to take part in the adoption of...
- Criminal Law (Insanity) Bill 2002 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (10 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Criminal Law (Insanity) Bill 2002 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality and Women's Rights, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of...
- Employees (Provision of Information and Consultation) Bill 2005 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." On behalf of my colleague the Minister of State at the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Deputy Killeen, I am pleased to introduce...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Reform of the Competition Act 2002: Motion.
- Reform of the Competition Act 2002: Motion. (168 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes, —the continued presence of excessive charging resulting in higher prices and reduced spending power for consumers; —that since 1996 the Competition...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Hospitals Building Programme.
- Hospitals Building Programme. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise the important matter of the future of Kanturk community hospital and the plans of the Department of Health and Children and the...
- Hospital Staffing. (11 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Moynihan-Cronin. Yesterday I attended a protest meeting outside Kerry General Hospital at which 40 GPs took the serious step of picketing the hospital in support...
- Trade Union Representation. (16 speeches)
I am pleased to have the opportunity of raising an outrageous abuse of a European directive and competition law for little less than the removal of the right to collective bargaining of some of...
- Road Network. (10 speeches)
I raise this issue as it is hard to over-estimate its importance to the town of Tullamore and County Offaly in general. The issue concerns the Tullamore bypass and the fact that after the...