Wednesday, 16 November 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (70 speeches)
Few subjects over the generations have been the target of so much hypocrisy and lip service as the Irish language. I want to ask the Taoiseach a question about this today. While respecting the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- National Security. (64 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the recent work of the National Security Committee; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [25210/05]
- Cabinet Sub-Committee Meetings. (70 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet sub-committee on Aer Lingus last met. [25350/05]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (9 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (105 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10a, motion re ministerial rota for parliamentary questions; and No. 18, statements on housing. It is proposed, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, that No....
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in the resolution of the Dáil of 6 June 2002 setting out the rota in which questions to members of the Government are to be asked, questions for oral...
- Housing Policy: Statements. (27 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity for this debate on housing issues. Housing is as important to the modern dynamic Ireland at the beginning of the 21st century as it was to our newly established State...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Social Welfare Consolidation Bill 2005, without amendment.
- Housing Policy: Statements (Resumed). (16 speeches)
The Government appears to claim that things have never been better. The word on the streets is that it would be hard for things to get worse. While the output of private housing has increased...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
Fishing Industry Development.
- Fishing Industry Development. (8 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if his attention has been drawn to the fact that Ireland's seed mussel industry is in danger of collapse as a...
- Industrial Relations. (50 speeches)
Question 86: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will report on the current industrial relations situation at An Post; if a final resolution to all present...
- Marine Rescue Service. (6 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the reason for the delay in providing the Doolin Coast guard search and rescue service with a new station at...
- Industrial Relations. (29 speeches)
Question 89: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the position regarding Irish Ferries; the way in which schemes to outsource maritime jobs will impact on the...
- Other Questions. (1 speech)
I remind the House that the supplementary questions on the answers to these questions are limited to one minute.
- Prospecting Licences. (50 speeches)
Question 90: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the exploration licences to oil and gas companies that have been awarded in the recent past; the licences he is...
- Fisheries Protection. (19 speeches)
Question 91: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if his Department has received formal notice from the European Commission regarding the effects of drift netting...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Finneran — if the...
- Housing Policy: Statements (Resumed). (130 speeches)
Deputy Crawford has seven minutes remaining.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Reform of the Competition Act 2002: Motion (Resumed).
- Reform of the Competition Act 2002: Motion (Resumed). (56 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputies Ned O'Keeffe, Glennon, Fiona O'Malley and Carey. I welcome Deputy Kehoe back to the Chamber following a long period of illness. Having travelled with him on an...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Community Care. (2 speeches)
I am grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to speak on this very sad case dealing with Mr. Peter McKenna and the Hynes report. There are no winners in this report and I offer my...
- Airport Development Projects. (3 speeches)
Tá mé fíor bhuíoch don Cheann Comhairle as ucht cead a thabhairt dom an cheist an-tábachtach seo i saol na tíre agus i saol mo dháilcheantar a ardú. Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit,...
- Special Educational Needs. (3 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this issue with my colleague, Deputy Costello. Last week, we met some teachers from north inner-city Dublin who told us that 14 schools there will lose resource...
- Higher Education Grants. (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle most sincerely for allowing me to raise this matter. It is with great reluctance and a sense of total frustration that I do so. Having tried to get this issue resolved...