Thursday, 29 May 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Diarmuid Wilson that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education...
- Standing Order 31 (1 speech)
I have received notice of a matter of concern from Senator Twomey under Standing Order 31, namely, the need for the Minister for Education and Science and his colleague the Minister for Finance...
- Order of Business (59 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, referral to committee of four justice measures, to be taken without debate; No. 2, motion re Thornton prison, referral to committee; and No. 3, the substantive...
- EU Council Decisions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Prison Building Programme: Referral to Joint Committee (2 speeches)
As agreed on the Order of Business, No. 3 will be moved and discussed with No. 2. I ask the Leader to move the motions.
- Prison Building Programme: Motion. (22 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, noting: that the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, having considered the need for a new prison in the Dublin area, has decided to proceed with the...
- Matter Raised Under Standing Order 31 (4 speeches)
I have received notice of a matter of concern under Standing Order 31 from Senator Liam Twomey. I now call Senator Twomey.
- Prison Building Programme: Motion (Resumed) (4 speeches)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
Schools Building Projects.
- Human Rights Issues (5 speeches)
I take this opportunity to ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Deputy Martin, to exert maximum influence to ensure the final round of the Zimbabwean presidential elections is free and fair....