Wednesday, 4 June 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 12 p.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Nicky McFadden that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Health and...
- Order of Business (118 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 5, motion re section 12 of Employment Equality Act 1998, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of Business; No. 6, Broadcasting Bill 2008 —...
- Employment Equality Act 1998: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Order in draft: Employment Equality Act 1998 (section 12) (Church of Ireland College of Education ) Order, 2008, copies of...
- Broadcasting Bill 2008: Committee Stage (127 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Charter of Fundamental Rights: Statements (11 speeches)
I welcome this opportunity to discuss the charter which I believe will be one of the most important elements introduced into European law if we vote "Yes" next week. I intend to explain the...
- Broadcasting Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (79 speeches)
- Business of Seanad (23 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business, that business be interrupted at 10.30 p.m. this evening and that Committee Stage of this Bill be resumed at a time to be determined on tomorrow's...
- Broadcasting Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (4 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Health Service Staff (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister for remaining to take the Adjournment of the House despite the late hour. I await his response to the issue of homelessness. The true extent and scale of homelessness in...
- Schools Building Projects (2 speeches)
Tá lúcháir orm go bhfuil an Aire anseo linn um thráthnóna. Bhí sé ag obair go crua inniu. Tá sé anseo déanach san oíche. Tá mé buíoch go bhfuil Aire sinsear anseo chun na ceiste...
- National Theatre (3 speeches)
I thank the Minister for being in the House at this hour to take this Adjournment matter given that he is not the Minister responsible and has had a long day in the Chamber. We all realise the...