Wednesday, 18 June 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Cecilia Keaveney that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport...
- Order of Business (165 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re Thornton Hall prison development, which is back from committee, to be taken without debate at the conclusion of the Order of the Business; No. 2, motion...
- Prison Building Programme: Motion (Resumed) (0 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Senator Donie Cassidy on Thursday, 29 May 2008:
- Planning and Development Regulations 2008: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Seanad Éireann approves the following Regulations in draft: Planning and Development Regulations 2008, copies of which were laid in draft form before Seanad...
- Broadcasting Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (104 speeches)
I welcome to the House the Minister of State at the Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources, Deputy Seán Power.
- Business of Seanad (9 speeches)
I propose an amendment to the Order of Business. It has now reached 3 p.m., when we agreed we would recess for a half hour sos and return to this debate at 7.30 p.m.
- Broadcasting Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (17 speeches)
- Lisbon Treaty: Statements (79 speeches)
I thank Members for inviting me back to the House. I seem to have spent more time addressing this House in the past two years than when I was a Member of the House. I hope that is not a sign of...
- National Drugs Strategy: Motion (41 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann welcomes the opportunity to contribute to the public consultation period of the National Drugs Strategy 2009-2016. I welcome the Minister of State at the Department...
- Broadcasting Bill 2008: Committee Stage (Resumed) (111 speeches)
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Cork School of Music (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Power, to the House. His endurance has been tested today. I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this matter on behalf not just of the...
- Fuel Prices (4 speeches)
I wish to speak about the need for the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment to outline the Government's plans to curtail the increase in the price of diesel fuel in light...
- Air Services (3 speeches)
I wish to raise the matter of the Dublin-Derry air service. A number of years ago, everyone became excited when Pádraig Ó Céide of Aer Arann agreed, without the provision of any subsidies, to...