Wednesday, 21 May 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Shane Ross that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Transport to ensure the...
- Order of Business (53 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No.1, statements on the World Trade Organisation talks, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and to conclude not later than 1.45 p.m., with...
- WTO Negotiations: Statements (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food to the House and I congratulate him on his new portfolio.
- Request to Move Adjournment of the Seanad under Standing Order 30 (8 speeches)
Before I call Senator Regan, I have received notice from Senator Paudie Coffey regarding a motion that he wishes to raise under Standing Order 30. I ask the Senator to give notice of the motion...
- WTO Negotiations: Statements (Resumed) (40 speeches)
I call Senator Regan. There are three minutes remaining in this slot.
- HSE Child Welfare and Protection Services: Statements (35 speeches)
I welcome to the House the Minister of State at the Department of Health and Children with special responsibility for children and youth affairs and wish him well on his appointment.
- Transport 21: Motion (50 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann commends the Government on its commitment to transport investment under Transport 21.
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Public Transport (10 speeches)
I wish to raise the issue of the need for the Minister for Transport to ensure the metro construction works in St. Stephen's Green cause minimal damage to the environment and the least possible...
- Consumer Protection (7 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and congratulate him on his reappointment. I am pleased to raise the need for the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment to outline the action the...
- Turbary Rights (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and thank him for taking the time to come to the House for this Adjournment matter. Following the publication of the first comprehensive assessment of the status...