Thursday, 1 May 2008
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have notice from Senator Pearse Doherty that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business (114 speeches)
Today's business is No. 1, an all-party motion on Zimbabwe, No. 2, a message from the Dáil about the Criminal Justice Human (Trafficking Bill) 2007 and No. 3, the Twenty-eighth Amendment of the...
- Situation in Zimbabwe: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann, concerned at the deadlock of the democratic process in Zimbabwe following the elections of 29 March 2008 and the ongoing humanitarian crisis in that country: calls...
- Criminal Law (Human Trafficking) Bill 2007: Message from the Dáil (1 speech)
The following message has been received from the Dáil: Dáil Éireann has agreed, on 30 April 2008, to amendments Nos. 2 and 3 made by Seanad Éireann to the Criminal Law (Human Trafficking)...
- Criminal Law (Human Trafficking) Bill 2007: Motion (4 speeches)
I move: That Seanad Éireann does not insist on amendment No. 1 made to the Criminal Law (Human Trafficking) Bill 2007.
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: An Dara Céim (Atógáil) (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: Second Stage (Resumed) (28 speeches)
Atairgeadh an cheist: "Go léifear an Bille an Dara hUair anois."
- An Bille um an Ochtú Leasú is Fiche ar an mBunreacht 2008: Céim an Choiste (0 speeches)
- Twenty-eighth Amendment of the Constitution Bill 2008: Committee Stage. (32 speeches)
Before Committee Stage commences I wish to deal with a procedural matter relating to Bills to amend the Constitution. The substance of the debate on Committee Stage relates to the wording of the...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Irish Language (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Hoctor, to the House.
- Control of Dangerous Dogs. (4 speeches)
I thank the Cathaoirleach for allowing me to raise this issue. I welcome the Minister of State. The primary reason I raise the issue of dangerous dogs and the need for them to be kept under...