Wednesday, 30 June 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions. (55 speeches)
Governments must make choices every day, and sometimes they are difficult choices. I have disagreed with many of the choices made by this Government in recent years, particularly on spending....
- Ceisteanna - Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Expenditure (20 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if his Department pays allowances to former taoisigh to maintain personal assistants; the former taoisigh to whom such allowances are or have been paid; the...
- Constitutional Amendments (34 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach Taoiseach the constitutional referenda he intends to hold during the remainder of the current Dáil [23056/10]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (110 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted notices to my office.
- Order of Business (99 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a14, motion re Saville report; No. 20, Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2010 - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 20a, Social Welfare (Miscellaneous...
- Saville Inquiry Report: Motion (10 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: — remembering all of those who were killed and injured on Bloody Sunday in Derry on 30 January 1972, and all of those who have suffered over many years as a...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Crime Prevention (6 speeches)
Question 28: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if he has satisfied himself that protocols agreed with banks in respect of tiger kidnapping are operating satisfactorily; and if he...
- Commercial Rent Review (28 speeches)
Question 29: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if he has received the report on the working group to look at the issue of commercial rent reviews; if he will report on the main...
- Garda Recruitment (15 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the details of the Garda recruitment programme currently underway; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28669/10]
- Prison Building Programme (26 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the progress made on the Thornton Hall prison project; when plans for the construction of a new prison at Thornton Hall were first...
- Prison Accommodation (42 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform his plans to address prison overcrowding in the short term; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28667/10]
- Family Law Provisions (7 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the steps he is taking to promote mediation in legal disputes, particularly in the context of family law disputes; and if he will...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Tom Hayes - the need to...
- Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2010: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill: Report and Final Stages (77 speeches)
The first amendment to be dealt with is in the names of Deputies Quinn and Jan O'Sullivan.
- Social Welfare (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2010: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
Minister for Social Protection (Deputy Éamon Ó Cuív: I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Social Welfare (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2010: Report and Final Stages (102 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 5, line 34, to delete "this Act" and substitute "Parts 1 and 2". This technical amendment provides for the correct collective citation of the Social Welfare Acts.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Patient Safety: Motion (Resumed) (29 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 29 June 2010:
- Central Bank Reform Bill 2010: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now". Question put and agreed to.
- Central Bank Reform Bill 2010: Report Stage (31 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 9, line 6, to delete "FULLY INTEGRATED" and substitute "FULLY-INTEGRATED". This is a technical amendment to correct a typographical error in the Long Title of the Bill.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief (21 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Martin Mansergh, to the House.
- Services for People with Disabilities (9 speeches)
I would like to share my time with Deputy Burke.
- Closure of Laurel Unit in Cherry Orchard Hospital (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment. The Laurel unit in Cherry Orchard Hospital is under threat of closure, which means the 19 patients...
- School Transport (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to raise this important matter, namely, the need for the Minister for Education and Skills, Deputy Mary Coughlan, to explain why a...