Wednesday, 2 June 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions. (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach Taoiseach if he will make a statement on his participation in the EU Latin American and Caribbean Summit in Madrid, Spain on 18 May 2010 [21409/10]
- Request to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32. I call Deputy Feighan.
- Order of Business. (214 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 20, Merchant Shipping Bill 2009 - Report Stage (resumed) and No. 21, Adoption Bill 2009 [Seanad] - Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage. Private Members' Business...
- Merchant Shipping Bill 2009: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (95 speeches)
I move amendment No. 2 to amendment No. 53: In subsection (2), in the first line after "ship" to insert "or any ship travelling or berthed in Irish waters". This is a complicated situation where...
- Messages from Select Committees (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Enterprise, Trade and Employment has completed its consideration of the Employment Agency Regulation Bill 2009 and has made amendments thereto. The Select Committee on...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions (8 speeches)
Question 18: To ask the Minister for Defence if any contact has been received from the United Nations or other bodies regarding proposed Irish participation in peace support missions; if he...
- Irish Red Cross Society (6 speeches)
Question 19: To ask the Minister for Defence his views on whether the Irish Red Cross Society should be fully independent of Government; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [23666/10]
- Naval Service Vessels (6 speeches)
Question 20: To ask the Minister for Defence the proposals he had made to ensure the deterrent impact in having ships on the ocean waves is maximised, in view of the reduction in the Naval...
- Defence Forces Reserve (6 speeches)
Question 21: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will appoint a Brigadier General Director of the Reserve Defence Forces in order that the Reserve Defence Forces have a meaningful voice at...
- Defence Forces Recruitment (6 speeches)
Question 22: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress made on agreeing an employment control framework for the Defence Forces that would enable some recruiting and promotions to resume;...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Personnel
- Defence Forces Personnel (17 speeches)
Question 23: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of persons who have left the Defence Forces since May 2009; the numbers per seniority, posting, rank, brigade, age and gender: the...
- Defence Forces Reserve (12 speeches)
Question 24: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will make a statement on his address to the Annual Delegate Conference of the Reserve Defence Forces Representative Association; and if he...
- Defence Forces Recruitment (11 speeches)
Question 25: To ask the Minister for Defence the current strength of the Defence Forces; when he intends to commence recruitment to bring the strength of the Defence Forces back up to 10,000;...
- Defence Forces Reserve (17 speeches)
Question 26: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to the recommendations made at the recent Annual Delegate Conference of RDFORRA that the future development of the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Terence Flanagan - the...
- Personal Explanation by Minister of State (1 speech)
In my address on the Adjournment of Dáil Éireann on Tuesday, 11 May 2010 relating to the roll-out of the BreastCheck programme in County Clare, I made a statement on behalf of the Minister for...
- Adoption Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Report Stage (Resumed) (108 speeches)
Amendment No. 4 arises out of Committee proceedings.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2010: Second Stage (Resumed) (46 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits
- Social Welfare Benefits (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this issue and the Minister for Social Protection for staying in the Chamber to respond to my comments. An ongoing issue over the past 12...