Wednesday, 31 October 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Data Protection. (10 speeches)
Question 58: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the action he has taken to prevent improper access to confidential information within his Department; and if he will make a...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (13 speeches)
Question 59: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the Government policy in respect of school leavers access to welfare; and his targets in relation to education training and job...
- Social Insurance. (20 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his strategy for the future of the Social Insurance Fund with reference to the recently published projections by Mercer of the...
- Anti-Poverty Strategy. (14 speeches)
Question 61: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs his policy on tackling child poverty; his views on the need to provide greater access to affordable non-cash services such as...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Anti-Poverty Strategy. (41 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the action he is taking to reduce child poverty; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [26262/07]
- Data Protection. (30 speeches)
Question 64: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the action he is taking to ensure his Department is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1988; and the steps, in view of...
- Pension Provisions. (21 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the number of working and non-working women respectively who have personal or occupational pensions; and if he will make a...
- Leaders' Questions (77 speeches)
I wish to ask the Taoiseach about his appointments. Before he appointed Deputy Dempsey as Minister for Transport, the Taoiseach was aware of his political history. He knew of the Minister's...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Jimmy Deenihan — the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Agreements with Members. (90 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the nature of the agreement between the Government and Deputy Jackie Healy-Rae; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16823/07]
- Ministerial Responsibilities. (13 speeches)
Question 13: To ask the Taoiseach the responsibilities of the Ministers of State at his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16828/07]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (141 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 6, motion re Statement of Estimates for the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission; No. 7, motion re orders of reference of committee; No. 8, motion re appointment of...
- Statement of Estimates for the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann take note of the Statement of Estimates of moneys required in respect of ongoing expenditure for the period beginning on 1st January, 2008 and ending on 31st December,...
- Orders of Reference of Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the Orders of Reference of the Select Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries and Food be amended in paragraph (1)(a) by the deletion of '11 members' and the substitution therefor of '13...
- Appointment of Members to Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Deputies Martin Ferris and Mattie McGrath be appointed to the Select Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007: From the Seanad (21 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Supplementary Estimates 2007: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2007:— Vote 41 — Office of the...
- Estimates for Public Services 2007 (32 speeches)
I move the following Supplementary Estimate: Vote 41 — Office of the Minister for Children (Supplementary Estimate). (I) Supplementary Estimate of the amount required in the year ending 31...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Civil Unions Bill 2006: Restoration to Order Paper (48 speeches)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, the Civil Unions Bill 2006, the Second Reading of which had, prior to the dissolution of Dáil Éireann on 29 April 2007, been postponed...
- Road Safety: Statements (24 speeches)
The events of the last few days have once again succeeded in putting the question of road safety to the forefront of people's minds and that is welcome. I intend to take the opportunity afforded...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (14 speeches)
I wish to clarify that Deputy Ciarán Lynch will not be in this slot. It will be Deputy Allen and myself, so we will have five minutes each.
- Mental Health Services. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue. I plead for the life of Emer Carroll and many others like her who are suicidal and who have been discharged from hospital because...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for agreeing to this important debate. The Sundai campus or site is an important one in the overall plan for educational development in the greater Newbridge area....