Thursday, 4 October 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on the Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (139 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 4, Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007 — Second Stage, resumed; No. 1, Control of Exports Bill 2007 — Second Stage; and No. 2,...
- Council of Europe Representatives. (2 speeches)
I call the Minister of State, Deputy Tom Kitt, to make an announcement regarding the Irish representation on the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
- Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007: Second Stage (Resumed) (34 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Control of Exports Bill 2007 [Seanad]: Second Stage (15 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." It is my pleasure to bring before the House the Control of Exports Bill 2007 for consideration and debate. In a modern global economic...
- Land and Conveyancing Law Reform Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (10 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Finian McGrath — the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Personnel.
- Defence Forces Personnel. (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of doctors provided for in the new organisation of the Defence Forces introduced on foot of the White Paper on Defence; the number of...
- Ministerial Air Transport Service. (10 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Defence the flights made by aircraft in the Ministerial Air Transport Service on 21 September 2007; the destination in each case; the passenger list for each...
- Defence Forces Equipment. (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Defence if, in view of the expected deployment of Defence Forces personnel to Chad and the distance of this area from seaports, he has considered the...
- Bullying in the Workplace. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress that has been made on conducting the comprehensive review recommended by the independent monitoring group in its report Response to the...
- Defence Forces Recruitment. (8 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Defence when he will commence the recruitment of the 350 troops to be in training at any given time as promised in the programme for Government from 2008...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Ombudsman for the Defence Forces.
- Ombudsman for the Defence Forces. (13 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will make a statement on the publication of the first report of the Ombudsman for the Defence Forces. [21992/07]
- Bullying in the Workplace. (11 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence if he is satisfied with the operation of equality and anti-bullying measures in the military. [21985/07]
- Commemorative Events. (8 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress made by the committee established to consider proposals for an appropriate commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the 1916 rising in...
- Naval Service Vessels. (7 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans for the replacement of Naval Service vessels; the expected timetable for the purchase of the three new vessels; the budget available to his...
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. (5 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Defence if his attention has been drawn to concerns expressed by the Ombudsman for Children that the Defence Forces may be in breach of a UN convention on...
- Reserve Defence Force. (7 speeches)
Question 12: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress that has been made on the creation of the integrated reserve as defined in the White Paper on Defence; the number of personnel now...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Community Enterprise Centres.
- Community Enterprise Centres. (2 speeches)
I call on the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Deputy Martin, to ensure that the funding application for a community enterprise centre in Farranfore be given priority in the...
- Industrial Development. (15 speeches)
The two Deputies raising this matter will have two and a half minutes each to speak.
- Visa Applications. (2 speeches)
The self-styled Irish Anti-War Movement, which is involved in the troops out of Shannon campaign, is scheduled to hold what it describes as an international anti-war conference in Dublin on...
- Building Regulations. (10 speeches)
Just after this Dáil completed its first sitting in July, the news about the pyrite infill disaster broke in north County Dublin. Residents in Drynam Hall in Kinsealy were informed by Menolly...