Tuesday, 23 October 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Benchmarking Awards. (30 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the cost which has accrued to his Department in respect of the payment of the benchmarking pay awards; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16820/07]
- Programmes for Government. (19 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the implementation of An Agreed Programme for Government; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16821/07]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Territorial Waters. (7 speeches)
Question 82: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the discussions he has had with a view to extending Ireland's underwater territory under the new UN Law of the Sea Convention; and if he will...
- Millennium Development Goals. (6 speeches)
Question 83: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs his views on the fact that so many countries are on course to fail reaching the UN millennium goals and that a recent report, the Global...
- Foreign Conflicts. (6 speeches)
Question 84: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the steps he has taken to ensure peaceful protests are permitted to take place in Burma; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Cross-Border Projects. (10 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the amount of funding allocated by his Department to cross-Border bodies since the signing of the Good Friday Agreement; and if he will make...
- Asylum Applications. (6 speeches)
Question 86: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the steps he is taking to address the problems forcing persons to seek asylum within the EU; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Human Rights Issues.
- Human Rights Issues. (19 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he is in a position to give information on the whereabouts of the 4,000 monks, among others, arrested in Rangoon, detained outside of...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Leo Varadkar — that...
- Leaders' Questions (8 speeches)
This week another two men lost their lives in brutal murders. One was beaten to death with iron bars and the other was gunned down in cold blood. Everybody in the country recognises that...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy. (12 speeches)
During the summer recess we heard of the death of our former colleague, John Wilson, former Tánaiste, distinguished Minister and Member of this House for 20 years. On this occasion, I wish to...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (16 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (48 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 7, motion re Establishment of Committees of 30th Dáil; No. 8, motion re Pre-budget Estimates for Public Services 2008; and No. a3, CriminalProcedure (Amendment) Bill...
- Parliamentary Committees: Motion (1 speech)
Before I move this motion, I would like to point out in relation to No. 13 within this motion, that wherever â€œTransport and the Marineâ€ occurs, it should read â€œTransportâ€....
- Pre-Budget Outlook: Motion (15 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann commends the Pre-Budget Outlook incorporating Pre-Budget Estimates for Public Services 2008 published by the Minister for Finance on 18 October, 2007. I welcome this...
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
Agrifood Industry: Motion
- Agrifood Industry: Motion (119 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, noting: the inadequate consumer information offered by the current Irish labelling regime and the Government failure to legislate appropriately; the need to end the...
- Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend the Criminal Procedure Act 1967.
- Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Bill 2007: Second Stage (9 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The purpose of this short Bill is to correct a legal anomaly that has recently come to light in the law relating to bail. The Bill addresses a...
- Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Bill 2007: Committee and Remaining Stages (8 speeches)
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (4 speeches)
I appreciate that the Ceann Comhairle selected my issue for discussion. It is not new and relates to the Health Service Executive, accident and emergency services and the hospital system. I...
- Search and Rescue Service. (2 speeches)
On 17 October, a decision was announced, via e-mail, to all staff by the director of the Irish Coast Guard, Mr. Chris Reynolds, to the effect that a two-tier operation will come into being, that...
- Physical Education Facilities. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to speak on this important issue in respect of Ardscoil Phádraig in Granard, County Longford, on whose behalf I have made numerous...
- School Places. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue this evening and I thank the Minister of State for coming in to respond. I wish to draw attention to an issue in east Cork, which...