Wednesday, 10 October 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (67 speeches)
Every murder here does us down as a people. I am appalled at the news this morning that a young Swiss student, having come to Ireland last weekend, has been murdered in Galway. I hope the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Appointments to State Boards.
- Appointments to State Boards. (47 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the appointments made by him since June 2002 to the State Boards, or other agencies under his aegis; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16808/07]
- Standards in Public Office. (27 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if he has plans to amend the code of conduct for office holders; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16810/07]
- Dublin-Monaghan Bombings. (13 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Taoiseach the costs which have accrued to his Department in respect of the MacEntee inquiry; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16812/07]
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (8 speeches)
I convey my sincere condolences and those of my Fianna Fáil colleagues to Seán Keegan's wife Mary and his children, Marie, Nan, Nuala, Tom and Gearóid on the sad loss of our former colleague...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (9 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I propose to call Deputies in the order in which they submitted notices to my office.
- Order of Business (64 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 2, Charities Bill 2007 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage; and No. 3, Fines Bill 2007 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage. Private Members' business...
- Charities Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the better regulation of charitable organisations, and, for that purpose, to provide for the establishment of a body to be known as An tÚdarás Rialála...
- Charities Bill 2007: Second Stage (5 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Charitable organisations impact on the lives of almost everyone in Irish society. So many people work in charitable organisations, fund raise...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Archaeological Sites. (12 speeches)
Question 89: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the reason he made the decision to use his powers under the National Monuments Acts to make a temporary...
- Radon Gas Levels. (8 speeches)
Question 90: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if, in view of the continued threat to the health of families from radon gas and the expert medical view that...
- Election Management System. (12 speeches)
Question 91: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his view of the decision by the Dutch Government to abandon the use of electronic voting machines; and if he...
- Local Authority Housing. (10 speeches)
Question 92: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government when the legislative framework will be put in place to enable local authorities to be in a position to allow...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Political Donations. (18 speeches)
I remind Deputies that supplementary questions should last one minute and the Minister has one minute to respond.
- Social and Affordable Housing. (8 speeches)
Question 94: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of social houses and affordable houses provided in 2006 and to date in 2007; the number expected to...
- Visit of Northern Ireland Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business I wish on my own behalf and behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to the Right Honourable Mr. William...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Planning Issues. (7 speeches)
Question 95: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he has ensured that local authorities will not allow the creation of management companies as part of...
- Waste Disposal. (22 speeches)
Question 96: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if his attention has been drawn to statistics produced by the Environmental Protection Agency showing that a...
- Social and Affordable Housing. (23 speeches)
Question 97: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the steps he will take to increase the availability of affordable housing and sites to young people; and if he...
- Planning Issues. (14 speeches)
Question 98: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the penalties he will impose on developers who do not bring estates up to necessary standards; and if he will...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Brian O'Shea — the need...
- Charities Bill 2007: Second Stage (Resumed) (66 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Fire Services: Motion (Resumed) (37 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Ciarán Lynch on Tuesday, 9 October 2007:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (6 speeches)
A Cheann Comhairle, I thank you for the opportunity to speak on an issue of great importance both for the implementation of the national health strategy and for the provision of health care...
- Pig Industry. (3 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Seymour Crawford. I thank the Ceann Comhairle's office for the opportunity to raise this matter. There was rightly a great deal of concern over the past week...
- Road Traffic Offences. (2 speeches)
In this calendar year alone, 160,000 fixed fines are due for processing in the District Court because they have not been paid. In other words, 160,000 people are refusing to pay mandatory fines...
- Fire Services. (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, Deputy Killeen, to the House to respond to this issue. On 6 March I raised on the Adjournment...