Wednesday, 17 October 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (15 speeches)
Glaoim ar Cheannaire an Fhreasúra, an Teachta Kenny.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (80 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff who have applied for relocation under the decentralisation programme; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16819/07]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32.
- Order of Business (120 speeches)
Before I read the Order of Business, it has just been announced in Rome that Archbishop Seán Brady has been nominated by Pope Benedict XVI to the College of Cardinals. On behalf of the...
- Supplementary Estimates 2007: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimate for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2007:— Vote 30 — Communications,...
- Estimates for Public Services 2007 (76 speeches)
I move the following Supplementary Estimate: Vote 30 — Communications, Energy and Natural Resources (Supplementary Estimate). That a sum not exceeding €1,000 be granted to defray the charge...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Health Service Staff.
- Health Service Staff. (32 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if, in relation to her statement at the Irish Nurses Organisation annual conference on 21 September 2007 she is still of the view that...
- Community Pharmacy Services. (10 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the steps she has taken to ensure the continuation of services in the dispensing of methadone to people participating in drug treatment...
- Cancer Services. (15 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the resources that have been and will be allocated for the implementation of the national cancer control programme; the immediate...
- Accident and Emergency Services. (8 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the progress made to improve the situation within accident and emergency departments with regard to her ten point plan for accident and...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (53 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Health and Children when, in relation to the CT scanner officially opened by her in April 2007 at Louth County Hospital, Dundalk the necessary radiology...
- Cancer Screening Programme. (19 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Health and Children when she expects that the national cervical cancer screening programme will be fully implemented; and if she will make a statement on...
- Suicide Incidence. (12 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Health and Children her views on whether it is appropriate not to set up an independent clinical review of the death by suicide at Unit GF, Cork University...
- Health Services. (11 speeches)
Question 82: To ask the Minister for Health and Children the amount of the €1.5 million in funding allocated for cardiovascular issues, including heart failure and sudden cardiac death, in...
- Acquired Brain Injury. (22 speeches)
Question 83: To ask the Minister for Health and Children if her Department has received a report (details supplied); if so, when this report was received; the action she has taken as a result;...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Ring — when a...
- Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007: Motion to Instruct Committee (17 speeches)
I move: "That, pursuant to Standing Order 127, it be an instruction to the Committee on the Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007, that it has power to make...
- Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007: Committee Stage (129 speeches)
Sections 1 and 2 agreed to.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Road Safety: Motion (Resumed) (38 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Fergus O'Dowd on Tuesday, 16 October 2007:
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Audiology Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this important subject on the Adjournment. The matter I wish to raise concerns the provision of audiology services in the...
- Child Care Services. (5 speeches)
I would like to share time with Deputy Ciarán Lynch.
- Eating Disorders. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me speak on the important issue of eating disorders. These disorders have become increasingly prevalent, especially among young people. There is a need...
- Crime Levels. (2 speeches)
I greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak on this matter. Currently, burglaries and break-ins have reached an unacceptable level in County Galway. People in every town and village and in...