Tuesday, 2 October 2007
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Departmental Appointments. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the duties and responsibilities of the special political advisers appointed by him; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [16800/07]
- Cross-Departmental Teams. (16 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach when the cross-departmental team on infrastructure and public private partnership will next meet; the number of meetings of the team planned for the remainder of...
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- School Placement. (6 speeches)
Question 101: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on the emergence in effect of segregated primary school provision for minority ethnic students in north Dublin; and if she...
- Departmental Staff. (17 speeches)
Question 102: To ask the Minister for Education and Science when she established the developing areas unit which will liaise with local authorities, identify where new schools are needed and...
- School Placement. (24 speeches)
Question 103: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the steps she is taking to ensure that all children, especially those from non-Catholic backgrounds, will have access to a primary...
- School Funding. (6 speeches)
Question 104: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the number of schools that have been allocated funding for the purpose of debt relief in each year over the past five years; the...
- Computerisation Programme. (4 speeches)
Question 105: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on the possibility of introducing a laptop computer to all students; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [21843/07]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Third Level Education.
- Third Level Education. (11 speeches)
Question 106: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the details of the commitment in the programme for Government to ensure that all teacher training colleges reserve places for students...
- State Examinations. (16 speeches)
Question 107: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the plans in place by the Examination Commission to facilitate external students for the 2008 State examinations; and if she will make...
- Educational Disadvantage. (8 speeches)
Question 108: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on the recently published report Beyond Educational Disadvantage; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [21828/07]
- Science Education. (10 speeches)
Question 109: To ask the Minister for Education and Science the steps she will take to improve the uptake of science at second level; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [21518/07]
- Fee-Paying Schools. (5 speeches)
Question 110: To ask the Minister for Education and Science her views on the call from the Teachers Union of Ireland for a review of State financial support for fee-paying schools; and if she...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputies Niall Collins, Dan Neville...
- Leaders' Questions (21 speeches)
I have no wish to prolong the matter of the answers given by the Taoiseach under oath to the Mahon tribunal, nor have I any wish to concede to the views of those who would want to turn this into...
- Death of Former Member: Expressions of Sympathy (10 speeches)
I rise to pay tribute to the late Joe Sherlock, friend and comrade over many years, and an outstanding representative of the people. Three weeks ago when I attended his funeral in Cork and stood...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (52 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 4, Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage; No. 1, Control of Exports Bill 2007 [Seanad] —...
- Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to make provision in relation to markets in financial instruments and to make miscellaneous amendments to financial services legislation and to the Ministerial and...
- Markets in Financial Instruments and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2007: Second Stage (7 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." This Bill started out as a very short item of legislation. Just a few short sections were needed to complement the regulations which I made...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
- Health Services: Motion. (35 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, recalling the promises made by An Taoiseach and the Minister for Health and Children in May 2007 that there would be no cut in frontline health services; noting the:...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Child Care Services.
- Child Care Services. (5 speeches)
As three Deputies are offering on this matter, each speaker has one and a half minutes.
- Rural Transport Services. (2 speeches)
This is positive ageing week and I am pleased to have the opportunity to raise some key issues concerning older people. Yesterday I attended the launch of the mid-term review of the positive...
- Foreign Conflicts. (8 speeches)
I welcome the time we have, however brief, to discuss the appalling tragedy that is unfolding in Burma. Given the time allotted, I must be succinct and so will offer a set of suggestions. We...
- School Accommodation. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter and the Minister of State for taking it. The trustees of Seamount College in Kinvara decided 12 months ago next week to discontinue the...