Thursday, 9 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (194 speeches)
The Order of Business today shall be as follows: No. 10a motion re the Report of the Independent Commission of Inquiry into the Bombing of Kay's Tavern, Dundalk; No. 16, National Oil Reserves...
- Freedom of Information (Amendment) Bill 2006: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to amend the Freedom of Information Acts 1997 and 2003 and to provide for related matters.
- Independent Commission of Inquiry Report: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, notwithstanding the Order of 5th July, 2006, requesting the Joint Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights, or a sub Committee thereof, to consider,...
- National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed). (68 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 49:
- Transport 21: Statements (Resumed) (32 speeches)
I welcome the belated opportunity to speak on Transport 21, although given the policy was announced more than one year ago, it is a shame we are only now making statements on it. This is a...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Inland Waterways. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if he has had communication from the Northern Ireland Office in relation to activities within Waterways Ireland; if he...
- Irish Language. (16 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the progress made in the discussions between his Department and the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission in relation to...
- Logainmneacha. (10 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta an bhfuil aird tugtha aige ar thuairimí mhuintir Chorca Dhuibhne mar aon le tuairimí mhuintir Dhaingean Uí Chúis maidir...
- National Drugs Strategy. (22 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the progress made regarding the new rehabilitation tier of the national drugs strategy; and if he will make a...
- Dormant Accounts Fund. (4 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs how the recent Government approval of the allocation of almost €1 million from the dormant accounts to fund 20...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
National Drugs Strategy.
- National Drugs Strategy. (21 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs his views on the recent discovery of a major cocaine distribution operation in Cork; the efforts that are being made to...
- Irish Language. (6 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if the study examining the use of Irish in Gaeltacht areas has been completed; the findings of this study; the actions...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael Moynihan — the...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
The matter I am raising is the need for the Minister to clarify whether her Department or any agency of the State is involved, financially or otherwise, in a legal action threatened by the Mater...
- Corrib Gas Field. (9 speeches)
The next two matters will be taken together. Deputies Cowley and Broughan have five minutes each and the Minister of State has a maximum of ten minutes to reply.