Thursday, 16 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Visit of Vietnamese Delegation (1 speech)
On behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann, I offer céad míle fáilte — a most sincere welcome — to Madame Ninh, vice-chair of the foreign affairs committee of the National Assembly of the...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (10 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to debate the following urgent matter: the need to end the long-running controversy over the Niemba massacre of Irish soldiers in the...
- Order of Business (158 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Europol (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad] — Second Stage; and No. 4, Industrial Development Bill 2006 — Order for Second Stage and Second Stage.
- Noise Bill 2006: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for effective control of noise emitted from various sources, powers to seize offending equipment and related matters.
- Europol (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (9 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The objective of this Bill is to give effect in our domestic law to three protocols to the Europol Convention. The protocols, dated 2000, 2002...
- Europol (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (3 speeches)
I understand it is proposed to refer this Bill to the Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights.
- Industrial Development Bill 2006: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to amend and extend the Industrial Development Act 1993.
- Industrial Development Bill 2006: Second Stage (24 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." In accordance with the recommendations of the enterprise strategy group and the new mandate for Shannon Development, the indigenous industry...
- Industrial Development Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Military Intelligence. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence the amount of funding provided for military intelligence surveillance for the years 2001 to 2005 and to date in 2006; and if he will make a statement...
- Overseas Missions. (9 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will arrange for the force of 56 soldiers who are currently deployed with EUFOR in Bosnia-Herzegovina to search for a person (details supplied);...
- Retirement of Army Officer. (12 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Defence his views on whether the demand for an investigation and review of a matter by a person (details supplied) remains legitimate; and if he will take...
- Defence Forces Strength. (8 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence the position in relation to the commitment given in the White Paper on Defence to have a Defence Forces strength of 10,500 plus 250 in training; if...
- Overseas Missions. (15 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will publish the report on the investigation he has commissioned into the Niemba ambush in the Congo; if he will give due recognition to the two...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (27 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the nature of the mission being undertaken by Irish troops serving in Lebanon; the number of troops serving there by rank; the nature of the equipment...
- State Property. (16 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence the position in relation to his Department's lands at Gormanstown, County Meath; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38143/06]
- Overseas Missions. (33 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of members of the Defence Forces currently serving on UN authorised missions overseas; the number of these missions; the number serving on...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Neville — the position...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for his courtesy in this matter. It is important that backbenchers get the opportunity to raise these issues. I will talk about Dublin South-West, and I invite...
- Science Strategy. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this matter on the Adjournment. This is Science Week Ireland and it should not go unobserved in the Dáil. One of the most interesting aspects of...