Tuesday, 14 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
Task Force on Active Citizenship.
- Task Force on Active Citizenship. (32 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the progress made to date by the task force on active citizenship; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28250/06]
- Commemorative Events. (12 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the proposals the Government has for a commemoration ceremony for the 1916 Rising at Easter 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28251/06]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Appeals.
- Social Welfare Appeals. (6 speeches)
Question 85: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the number of appeals processed by way of oral hearing by the social welfare appeals office in 2004 and 2005 respectively; the...
- Money Advice and Budgeting Service. (15 speeches)
Question 86: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if, in regard to his recent interview on a television station and subsequent press statement, he will outline the steps he will...
- Homeless Persons. (4 speeches)
Question 87: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if his Department has responded, or intends to respond, to the Make Room campaign (details supplied) to end homelessness by 2010;...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (4 speeches)
Question 89: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he proposes to introduce reforms to the family income supplement regarding the eligibility criteria, the amount of the payment,...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (40 speeches)
Question 90: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if he will extend the carer's allowance to all those currently providing care for elderly relatives or persons with disabilities;...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Connolly — the need to...
- Leaders' Questions (48 speeches)
Last Friday Professor O'Neill's report was published on the Leas Cross nursing home where more than 105 people died. It stated that no judgment had been formed where there is a difference of...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (17 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I propose to deal with these topics separately and I will call on Deputies in the order...
- Order of Business (84 speeches)
The Order of Business shall be as follows: No. 17, Citizens Information Bill 2006 — Second Stage, resumed; and No. 4, Industrial Development Bill 2006 — Order for Second Stage and Second...
- Citizens Information Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed) (10 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Health Services: Motion. (78 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, conscious of issues which compromise patient safety such as those exposed in: the Lourdes Hospital Inquiry Report; the report on the death of Mr. Pat Joe Walsh; the...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business has completed its consideration of the Investment Funds, Companies and Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2006 and has made amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Court Procedures. (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing this matter on the Adjournment and I welcome the Minister of State to the House. There is no doubt serious issues regarding the Judiciary must be...
- Suicide Incidence. (9 speeches)
The Government needs to act immediately on the report entitled Suicide and the Young Traveller, which was published by Catholic Youth Care last Friday. It is crucial that we act on the report's...
- Single Payment Scheme. (2 speeches)
Some €160 million is paid in single farm payments every year and a number of concerns have been raised regarding delays in these payments. In the majority of cases farmers acknowledge they...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter for discussion. Lankhill national school on the outskirts of Westport is a long-established school in a rural area. As a rural school, it...