Thursday, 23 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (156 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 21, Citizens Information Bill 2006 — Second Stage, resumed; and No. 1, Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad] — Second Stage.
- Ethics in Public Office Bill 2006: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move: That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to enable the appointment by the Standards in Public Office Commission of an inquiry officer to carry out a preliminary Inquiry...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Environment and Local Government has completed its consideration of the Water Services Bill 2003 and has made amendments thereto.
- Citizens Information Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed) (6 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Citizens Information Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Social and Family Affairs, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Second Stage (30 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I welcome the opportunity to address Dáil Éireann on Second Stage of the Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2006, which provides that a foster parent...
- Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2006 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health and Children, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Emigrant Welfare. (4 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if, following the United States mid-term elections, his Department has made renewed contact with the relevant authorities in the US to support...
- Foreign Conflicts. (8 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if Ireland proposes to take further initiatives at national or European level to address the tragic and deteriorating situation in Darfur...
- Military Neutrality. (30 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if, in view of the resignation of Donald Rumsfeld, the Government will reconsider its decision to allow the US military to use Shannon...
- Foreign Conflicts. (10 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he has expressed to the Israeli Government his condemnation of the recent death of civilians in the Gaza Strip following Israeli military...
- Northern Ireland Issues. (4 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he is confident that the St. Andrews timetable will deliver functioning political institutions by March 2007; and if he will make a...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Overseas Development Aid.
- Overseas Development Aid. (80 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the programmes funded by Irish Development Aid in Mozambique, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zambia; the progress of the various programmes;...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Cooper-Flynn — the need...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Human Trafficking. (4 speeches)
The matter I raise relates to the need for the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to sign or ratify the United Nations Protocol on Trafficking which dates to 2000 and the Council on...
- Graffiti Removal Operation. (2 speeches)
I thank the Chair for giving me the opportunity to raise once again the ever increasing problem of graffiti in our city. At the beginning of the summer I raised this issue in the hope that the...
- Care of the Elderly. (8 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this issue. I tabled a motion on the Order Paper earlier this week about establishing a commission for the status of older people to monitor...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Leas-Cheann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise the provision of a new community school in Ballinamore, County Leitrim. As the Minister of State is aware, this is a long-running...