Wednesday, 15 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannasar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (129 speeches)
It is a hallmark of this Government that it has no problem breaking promises it makes to the nation. We have had a litany of broken promises in the last period. We recall the promises made...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Ministerial Responsibilities. (50 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the responsibilities of the Ministers of State in his Department; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [28323/06]
- Government-Church Dialogue. (18 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach the position regarding the dialogue between the Government, churches and faith communities which he referred to in replies to parliamentary questions on 14...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (101 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 18, Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006 — Report and Final Stages, resumed; No. 19, Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2006 — Order for Report, Report and Final...
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) (30 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 49:
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Industrial Development. (8 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the fact that according to Forfás's Statement on the Costs of Doing Business in Ireland,...
- Job Protection. (8 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the fact that certain agricultural producers, in particular in the mushroom-picking...
- Equal Opportunities Employment. (5 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his views on taking an initiative to increase the employment threshold in the private sector for persons with disabilities...
- Economic Competitiveness. (31 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the report from the OECD entitled Trends and Recent Developments in Foreign Direct...
- State Property. (13 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the amount of money invested over the past five years by Enterprise Ireland in the redevelopment of the current headquarters...
- Other Questions (1 speech)
I find it necessary to remind Members that supplementary questions and the replies to them are confined to one minute.
- Personal Injuries Assessment Board. (22 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if his attention has been drawn to the backlog of claims to be dealt with in the Personal Injuries Assessment Board; the...
- Skill Shortages. (6 speeches)
Question 80: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his views on the opinion of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ireland who have said that future investment by US companies...
- EU Directives. (8 speeches)
Question 81: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the progress of his public consultation on EU price display legislation; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Company Liquidations. (6 speeches)
Question 82: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he has received representations on any matter from directors or representatives of a company (details supplied) since his...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Kirk — the need for a...
- Energy (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) (154 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 57:
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Health Services: Motion (Resumed) (30 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Twomey on 14 November 2006:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Joyriding Offences. (2 speeches)
I take this opportunity to welcome a major new report on car crime and joyriding, "The Nature and Impact of Joyriding in Priorswood", by Michael Rush, Paula Brudell and Aogan Mulcahy of the...
- Cancer Screening Programme. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this very important matter. A serious problem has arisen in my constituency regarding cervical smear cytology. Cervical smear tests are...
- Job Losses. (3 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing Deputy Finneran and I to raise the matter of the proposed closure by Glanbia of its canning facility at Rooskey, County Roscommon. The House will be...
- Terrorism Threat. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for affording me the opportunity to raise this important subject. Comments allegedly made by Omar Bakri Muhammad, a Muslim cleric, activist and publisher, were...