Wednesday, 8 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (73 speeches)
I want to ask the Minister for Finance about traffic congestion every morning in Dublin, particularly on the M50, and to refer to a number of related matters. Yesterday I met a family by the...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (38 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the number of households that failed or refused to complete and return the census forms in respect of the recent census; if an estimate of the numbers in these...
- Central Statistics Office Publications. (4 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach if he will encourage the Central Statistics Office to collate and present statistics on an all-Ireland basis in order to avoid presenting statistics, including...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business (66 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 16, National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006 — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; No. 15 — Citizens Information Bill 2006 — Second Stage, resumed; and No....
- National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006: Report Stage (77 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 6, line 4, to delete "as". I would like to hear the Minister's response at the outset, perhaps as a sign of things to come.
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Motor Taxation. (15 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the amount his Department received in motor tax receipts in the years 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and the estimated...
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions. (45 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his views on the recent reports that Ireland will overshoot its Kyoto target by approximately16%; his plans to...
- National Climate Change Strategy. (18 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of submissions received in response to the recent public consultation on climate change policy; if...
- Social and Affordable Housing. (20 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of affordable houses, as distinct from social houses, that have been completed to date in 2006; and...
- Housing Grants. (14 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of elderly people and people in receipt of social welfare estimated to be living in homes with...
- Other Questions (1 speech)
I remind the House the supplementary questions and answers are limited to one minute.
- Motor Taxation. (10 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his plans to increase motor taxation for 2007; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [36502/06]
- Social and Affordable Housing. (19 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the number of voluntary housing schemes currently awaiting approval in his Department; the number of housing...
- Waste Management. (19 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government if he will comment on the excess capacity of landfill available in the State which may make it cheaper now to...
- Environmental Policy. (7 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government the reason his Department has failed to obey a 2002 European Court of Justice ruling to implement...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Michael D. Higgins —...
- National Oil Reserves Agency Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) (104 speeches)
Amendments Nos. 5 and 6 form a composite proposal while amendment No. 7 is related and they may all be discussed together.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Energy Resources: Motion (Resumed) (134 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Durkan on Tuesday, 7 November 2006:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Special Educational Needs.
- Special Educational Needs. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this important matter. I was originally contacted by Darryl Kenny's mother last February because she had been seeking...
- Ambulance Service. (4 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise the matter of a painful situation for a 63 year old man, Brendan, and his wife Karen. In January, Brendan was diagnosed with liver cancer and had two thirds of...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I appreciate the opportunity to raise this issue. It concerns the proposed Educate Together national school in Doughiska, Galway, which is one of the most rapidly expanding suburbs of Galway...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for the opportunity to raise this important issue. In 2005, due to increased pupil numbers the Department of Education and Science appointed an extra teacher to...