Wednesday, 29 November 2006
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (144 speeches)
Today the PPARS scandal is running at €186 million and counting. This €186 million is a spectacular achievement of waste by any standard but we should not be too surprised. The Progressive...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31 (15 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to raise a matter of national importance, namely, the urgent need for funding to provide a sexual assault unit in Kerry General...
- Order of Business (275 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 15, motion re leave to introduce Supplementary Estimates [Votes 1, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 30, 32, 35 and 37]; No. 16, motion re referral of Supplementary Estimates...
- Supplementary Estimates 2006: Leave to Introduce (1 speech)
I move: That leave be given by the Dáil to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on the 31st day of December, 2006: Vote 1 — President's...
- Supplementary Estimates 2006: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That, subject to leave being given to introduce the following Supplementary Estimates for the service of the year ending on 31st December, 2006, the Supplementary Estimates be referred to...
- Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (36 speeches)
Bill again recommitted in respect of the following amendment:
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
Deputies: The Select Committee on Enterprise and Small Business has completed its consideration of the Industrial Development Bill 2006 and has made no amendments thereto.
- Health (Nursing Homes) (Amendment) Bill 2006: Report Stage (Resumed) (9 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 15:
- Ceisteanna — Questions (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- EU Directives. (22 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she is taking to address the burden of inspections on farmers under the nitrates directive; and if she will make a statement on...
- National Task Force on Obesity. (8 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the discussions she has had with the National Task Force on Obesity since it was established; the input her Department has made to the...
- Pig and Poultry Sectors. (8 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her proposals to address the threat to pig farming and poultry production in counties Cavan and Monaghan posed by their non-inclusion in...
- Milk Quota. (7 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the position regarding the new quota exchange scheme; the price the quota will be sold and bought at; the situation regarding the milk...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Biotechnological Inventions. (11 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if her attention has been drawn to research here connected with the development of plastic materials and chemical agents from plants like...
- Food Processing Sectors. (10 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the policies she has in place to sustain the dairy, beef and sheep processing sectors; the progress to date; the outlook for the future;...
- Milk Testing. (10 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she is taking to provide for independent milk testing; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [40469/06]
- EU Directives. (23 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the grant aid which will be made available to small farmers to manage rainwater under the nitrates action plan; and if she will make a...
- Animal Welfare. (4 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her view on requiring the reporting of the severity of animal procedures retrospectively here. [40555/06]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pat Breen — the...
- Garda Reform: Statements (101 speeches)
On a point of order I apologise to the Members present as my script is being photocopied for them at the moment.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Noise Bill 2006: Second Stage (Resumed) (55 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Noise Bill 2006: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Environment and Local Government in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Hospital Services. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue, namely, the Teamwork report for the north east and whether it will be applicable to services in the mid-west,...
- Health Service Charges. (2 speeches)
I attended a meeting in St. Raphael's in Celbridge on Sunday. St. Raphael's is run by the St. John of God Brothers and the meeting was called to explain the new HSE long-stay charges. While the...
- Job Losses. (2 speeches)
Is mian liom buíochas a ghabháil as ucht seans a bheith agam an t-ábhar seo a chur os comhair na Dála — na postanna a bheidh caillte i gceann tamaill bhig i mo bhaile féin, Ros Cré....
- Traffic Management. (2 speeches)
I am raising the issue of traffic management around our two major international stadia, namely, Croke Park and Lansdowne Road. Traffic is a nightmare at the best of times, but it is an...