Thursday, 19 May 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (160 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 14, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse Act 2000 (Section 5) (Specified Period) Order 2005, back from committee;...
- Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse Act 2000: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the draft Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse Act 2000 (Section 5) (Specified Period) Order 2005, a copy of which was laid before Dáil Éireann on 13...
- Waste Management Regulations: Referral to Joint Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the following regulations in draft: The Waste Management (Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Regulations 2005, copies of which were laid...
- Disability Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed). (59 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 1:
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Sea Pollution (Hazardous Substances) (Compensation) Bill 2000 without amendment.
- Landlord and Tenant (Ground Rents) Bill 2005: Second and Subsequent Stages. (15 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The Landlord and Tenant (Ground Rents) Bill 2005 is a short but vital Bill which proposes to protect the State's interests in property that has...
- Veterinary Practice Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (9 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Veterinary Practice Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Agriculture and Food, in accordance with Standing Order 120(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Neville — the report...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Planning Issues. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta i bhfianaise chinneadh an Bhoird Pleanála maidir le cúrsaí pleanála sa Ghaeltacht, an bhfuil sé i gceist aige dul i...
- Irish Language. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if he has proposals to modernise the grammar structures and vocabulary of the Irish language; and if he will make a...
- Community Development. (22 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs if, given his welcome call for new thinking on job creation and economic development in rural Ireland, he recognises the...
- Other Questions. (1 speech)
For the benefit of Members, I remind them that on ordinary questions, the Minister has two minutes for an initial response and there is one minute each for two supplementary questions from a...
- Security of the Elderly. (11 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the role his Department plays in the allocation of socially monitored alarms through the scheme of community support for...
- Decentralisation Programme. (9 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the full costs that will be incurred in the decentralisation and relocation of his Department; and if he will make a...
- Limistéirí Gaeltachta. (4 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Aire Gnóthaí Pobail, Tuaithe agus Gaeltachta an mbeidh aon athrú ar theorainneacha na Gaeltachta in 2005, 2006 nó 2007; agus an ndéanfaidh sé ráiteas ina thaobh....
- Court Actions. (4 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs the number of court actions currently involving his Department; and the reason such actions are being heard. [16653/05]
- National Drugs Strategy. (6 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs when the mid-term review of the national drugs strategy will be completed; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Message from Seanad. (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Landlord and Tenants (Ground Rent) Bill 2005 without amendment.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
Health Services Review.
- Health Services Review. (5 speeches)
Thank you for allowing me to raise this issue. I recognise the work of the National Council on Ageing and Older People for its report on the issue of ageism. The report showed that many older...
- Public Transport. (6 speeches)
The lack of public transport is one of the major issues that affects the people in my constituency and beyond. There is a need to increase the capacity on the northern line and provide a rail...
- Sugar Beet Sector. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter and the Minister of State for taking it. There is grave concern in the Leinster area about the beet quota and the problems growers...