Thursday, 26 May 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (4 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business. (71 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 18, Disability Bill 2004 — Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage; and No. 1, Maritime Safety Bill 2004 [Seanad] — Second Stage. It is proposed, notwithstanding...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Education and Science has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2005 — Vote 26.
- Disability Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (98 speeches)
Amendment No. 97 is out of order.
- Maritime Safety Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (4 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I pin my colours to the mast to state that maritime safety will remain at the top of my political agenda and that of the Government. I signal my...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Overseas Missions. (10 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Defence his plans to bring forward legislation to permit Defence Forces personnel to train abroad as part of the proposed EU battle groups; and if he will make...
- Defence Forces Property. (6 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Defence the discussions he has had with the Irish Aviation Authority and South Dublin and Kildare County Councils regarding operations at Weston Aerodrome at a...
- Overseas Missions. (16 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Defence the recent discussions he has had with the Department of Foreign Affairs with respect to the triple lock policy; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Defence Forces Personnel.
- Defence Forces Personnel. (8 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of Defence Forces personnel tested to date under the new drug testing programme; the numbers who tested positive; the action which is taken...
- Defence Forces Equipment. (12 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Defence the number of helicopters in the Air Corps; the age of these aircraft; if any replacement or upgrading of these craft is planned; and if he will make a...
- Overseas Missions. (12 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will reform the triple lock mechanism which governs the deployment of contingents of the Defence Forces; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Military Hospitals. (12 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Defence the position with regard to the availability of St. Bricin's Hospital to the Department of Health and Children; his views on the extent to which St....
- National Emergency Plan. (18 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Defence if he will report on the meeting he convened on 26 April 2005 of the task force on emergency planning; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Defence Forces Reserve. (3 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Defence the progress to date with regard to the implementation of the reserve Defence Force review implementation plan; and if he will make a statement on the...