Tuesday, 17 May 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Dáil: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders questions to the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform will take place on the conclusion of questions to the Minister of State at...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
Central Statistics Office Report.
- Central Statistics Office Report. (36 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the recent Central Statistics Office report, Measuring Ireland's Progress 2004. [10592/05]
- Irish-US Trade. (10 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the value of trade between Ireland and the US for 2004; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [13493/05]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Crime Levels. (22 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his views on the upsurge in the level of gun crime, robberies and hostage-taking; and the steps he has taken to deal with the...
- Garda Investigations. (4 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the reason for the difference between his statement of 12 April 2005 that the review of the case of the assassination of Sinn...
- Departmental Properties. (11 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he has satisfied himself that the enormous expenditure of taxpayers' money on asylum seeker accommodation and services and...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
Irish Prison Service.
- Irish Prison Service. (8 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the action he is taking to address the concerns expressed in the Second Annual Report of the Inspector of Prisons and Places...
- Coroners Service. (11 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the progress made in implementing the report of the working group on the Coroner Service published in December 2000; if his...
- Prisoner Escort Services. (11 speeches)
Question 11: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his proposals for the privatisation of prisoner escorts; if he has satisfied himself that such important work can be...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Costello — the need for...
- Leaders' Questions. (46 speeches)
I will not start to speak until the Minister for Finance has taken his seat.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (6 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (58 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 12, technical motion re Further Revised Estimate — Vote 34; No. 13, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a directive of...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding Standing Order 152 (1) or (2) of the Standing Orders of Dáil Éireann relative to Public Business, or the Order of the Dáil of 24th February, 2005, the following...
- EU Legislative Proposals: Referral to Select Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves, in accordance with Article 29.4.6° of Bunreacht na hÉireann, the exercise by the State of the option, provided by Article 3 of the fourth...
- Veterinary Practice Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Second Stage. (22 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am pleased to introduce the Second Stage of the Veterinary Practice Bill 2004. As Deputies will be aware, the Bill was initiated in Seanad...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Public Expenditure: Motion.
- Public Expenditure: Motion. (105 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann, deploring the shocking waste of taxpayers money highlighted in the recent Prime Time Investigates programme and a number of recent reports of the Comptroller and...
- Message from Select Committee. (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Education and Science has completed its consideration of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse (Amendment) Bill 2005 and has made amendments thereto.
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Playground Funding. (2 speeches)
It was officially announced this week that we have a serious problem with obesity. I wish to raise a matter which could be a core tenet of any solution to this problem. In the past eight years,...
- Tax Code. (2 speeches)
I do not condone the dodging of tax. Everyone should pay his or her fair share of tax. However, there is currently an anomaly where older people in their mid-70s and mid-80s are being treated...
- Industrial Relations. (2 speeches)
Management at the Dairygold plant in Mitchelstown is seeking to implement a draconian regime in an attempt to cap direct labour costs at €3.8 million per annum. Such a regime would undermine...
- School Accommodation. (3 speeches)
It does not give me great pleasure to raise this issue in the House again. I refer to the problems faced by Gaelscoil na Cruaiche in Westport, County Mayo, which has more than 200 pupils. The...