Wednesday, 4 May 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Visit of Manx Delegation. (1 speech)
Before proceeding with the Order of Business, on my behalf and that of the other Members of Dáil Éireann, I offer a céad míle fáilte, a most sincere welcome, to a parliamentary delegation...
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- EU Directives. (8 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the steps she is taking to secure a derogation for Irish farmers from the nitrates directive; and if she will make a statement on the...
- Food Industry. (6 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if her attention has been drawn to reports that the national task force on obesity will call on her Department to practice positive...
- Disadvantaged Areas Scheme. (6 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if, in view of the fact that 102,000 farmers are receiving disadvantage payments, no change will take place and the [i]status quo[/i]...
- Farm Waste Management. (8 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food when she will announce increased grant aid for the provision of increased slurry capacity based on the number of weeks farmers will have...
- Organic Farming. (8 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if she will report on the implementation of recommendations in the organic development report; the acreage of organically farmed land in...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Land Prices. (15 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if her attention has been drawn to the continuing increase in the price of farm land identified by the Central Statistics Office, which...
- Grant Payments. (10 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the plans she has to provide greater support for small farmers; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [14016/05]
- EU Directives. (9 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food if it is intended to provide additional aid for farmers who may face significant extra waste management costs arising from the EU...
- Alternative Farm Enterprises. (10 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food the expected tree plantings in 2005. [14134/05]
- Farm Household Incomes. (10 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Agriculture and Food her views on the very small increase in farm incomes in 2004 as reported by the CSO which are not keeping pace with inflation; the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Healy — the need for...
- Leaders' Questions. (41 speeches)
In recent weeks the Taoiseach has given the House some indication of the way the Government proposes to deal with the appalling conditions that apply in many accident and emergency units...
- Ceisteanna — Questions (Resumed). (0 speeches)
Appointments to State Boards.
- Appointments to State Boards. (8 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the names, occupations and dates of appointment of persons appointed by him to State boards and other agencies since June 1997; and if he will make a statement on...
- Consultancy Contracts. (23 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach if a special unit within his Department to evaluate proposals for the appointment of public relations consultants by Ministers, as recommended in the recent...
- Departmental Expenditure. (27 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach the cost of the communications unit in his Department for the first two months of 2005; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [8775/05]
- Official Commemorations. (19 speeches)
Question 10: To ask the Taoiseach if his attention has been drawn to the proposals for the designation of a memorial day for the Famine; if his Department has received representations on this...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (14 speeches)
I seek the adjournment of the Dáil under Standing Order 31 to debate the following urgent matter: the resignation of one of our top educationalists, Caoimhe Máirtín, from Coláiste Mhuire...
- Order of Business. (33 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 15, Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Bill 2004 — Report Stage (resumed) and Final Stage; and No. 16, Land Bill 2004 [Seanad] — Second Stage (resumed). It is...
- Personal Explanation by Minister. (3 speeches)
During Question Time on 14 April 2005, Deputy McGinley questioned me on the findings of an independent investigation into alleged incidents of bullying, harassment and related matters in...
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Bill 2004: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage. (85 speeches)
Debate resumed on amendment No. 35:
- Land Bill 2004 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed). (14 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Suicide Levels: Motion.
- Suicide Levels: Motion. (9 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: —notes the following matters of grave and urgent concern; —the latest statistics reveal that suicide now accounts for 50% more deaths annually than road accidents...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Job Losses. (9 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputy Wilkinson.
- Industrial Relations. (5 speeches)
This is an important matter regarding Coláiste Mhuire Training College, Marino. As a teacher, parent, taxpayer and Deputy for the area, I have major concerns about recent developments in the...
- Anti-Social Behaviour Project. (2 speeches)
During the mid 1990s Dundee City Council experienced problems with nuisance neighbours and anti-social behaviour. The policy of eviction was deemed unworkable as it became clear that this...