Thursday, 5 May 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (5 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (117 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a10, motion re referral to Joint Committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse Act 2000 (Section 5), (Specified Period)...
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Suicide Levels: Motion (Resumed).
- Child Abuse Act 2000: Referral to Joint Committee. (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approve the draft Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse Act 2000 (Section 5) (Specified Period) Order 2005, a copy of which was laid before Dáil...
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2005: Order for Second Stage. (1 speech)
Bill to amend the British-Irish Agreement Act 1999 and to provide for related matters.
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2005: Second Stage. (28 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Is Bille gearr teicniúil é seo, an Bille Um Chomhaontú na Breataine-na hÉireann (Leasú) 2005, a dhéanfaidh soiléiriú ar an gcosaint atá...
- British-Irish Agreement (Amendment) Bill 2005: Committee and Remaining Stages. (8 speeches)
Sections 1 to 4, inclusive, agreed to.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Inland Fisheries. (6 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the reason the final report on the review of inland fisheries services has not yet been published; when it will be...
- Harbour Authorities. (6 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will urgently examine and reform his Department's management of the five national fishery harbours including...
- Fishing Fleet Protection. (4 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if his attention has been drawn to the ongoing use of illegal gear by Spanish vessels off the Irish coast. [14775/05]
- Post Office Network. (6 speeches)
Question 4: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if there will be any further closures of post offices or sub-post offices; if he will secure a major improvement...
- Broadcasting Legislation. (6 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if he will consider a statutory register of interests for broadcasters in future broadcasting legislation in view...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Telecommunications Services. (47 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources the position in regard to availability of broadband here compared with other European countries; if the progress...
- Fisheries Protection. (21 speeches)
Question 7: To ask the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources if the serious concerns of the snap net fishermen on the River Suir will be immediately addressed and remedied in...
- Estimates for Public Services 2005: Message from Select Committee. (2 speeches)
The Select Committee on Health and Children has completed its consideration of the following Revised Estimates for the Public Services for the service of the year ending 31 December 2005: Votes...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Healy — the need for...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Health Services. (2 speeches)
The case in question is sad and sensitive and involves a 24 year old man who has been diagnosed with vCJD and is seriously ill in a Dublin hospital. I have been contacted by the young man's...
- Deportation Orders. (22 speeches)
I ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform to ensure that no asylum seeker who is sitting an Irish State examination this summer will be issued with a deportation order or deported...
- School Transport. (2 speeches)
I welcome this opportunity to raise school transport arrangements as they apply to the Salesian secondary college, Pallaskenry, County Limerick. The position is that the children travelling to...
- Special Educational Needs. (6 speeches)
Gabhaim buíochas leis an Leas-Cheann Chomhairle as deis a thabhairt an cheist seo a phlé. The decision of the Department of Education and Science to axe the jobs of more than 70 special needs...