Tuesday, 31 May 2005
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna — Questions. (0 speeches)
- Decentralisation Programme. (25 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on the implementation of the decentralisation programme as it affects his Department. [15217/05]
- Air Services. (94 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach when the Cabinet sub-committee on Aer Lingus last met. [15223/05]
- National Economic and Social Council. (16 speeches)
Question 9: To ask the Taoiseach the studies being carried out by the National Economic and Social Council; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [15228/05]
- Priority Questions. (0 speeches)
- Employment Legislation. (8 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reason for his decision to revamp the State's employment rights system and review labour legislation; and if he will make...
- Consumer Strategy Group Report. (32 speeches)
Question 31: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the Government's views on the recently published report of the consumer strategy group; the reason he has decided to embark...
- Job Creation. (10 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the steps he has taken and intends to take to address the serious unemployment levels in Carrick-on-Suir; the steps which...
- Regulatory Reform. (13 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his views on whether it would be appropriate for Ireland to set itself a target for a reduction in administrative and...
- Services Sector. (6 speeches)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment his plans to take action on foot of his Department's recent publication of the Irish Electricity Market — Principal...
- Other Questions. (0 speeches)
- Migrant Workers. (19 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the specific reasons for the State's failure to ratify the UN convention on the rights of migrant workers and their families....
- Research and Development. (5 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment if he will initiate a time limited review of the research and development agendas of the development agencies, to ascertain...
- Health and Safety Regulations. (15 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the reason draft regulations drawn up by the Health and Safety Authority more than 15 months ago to improve safety standards...
- Software Industry. (4 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment the strategy his Department has developed in order that the solid growth in the software industry is maintained in the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters. (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Boyle — that the...
- Leaders' Questions. (54 speeches)
Last night's "Prime Time" programme on RTE revealed appalling care of the elderly in the Leas Cross nursing home, Swords, County Dublin. The "Prime Time" crew and Mr. Justice Clarke should be...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 31. (8 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 31.
- Order of Business. (91 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 20, Grangegorman Development Agency Bill 2004 — Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; and No. 21, Maritime Safety Bill 2004 [Seanad] — Second Stage (resumed)....
- Grangegorman Development Agency Bill 2004: Order for Report Stage. (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Grangegorman Development Agency Bill 2004: Report Stage. (99 speeches)
Amendment No. 1 is out of order. Amendments Nos. 3 and 4 are alternatives to No. 2 and amendments No. 7 and 90 are related. Amendments Nos. 2 to 4, inclusive, 7 and 90 will be discussed together.
- Private Members' Business. (0 speeches)
Nursing Homes: Motion.
- Nursing Homes: Motion. (17 speeches)
I move: "That Dáil Éireann, concerned at: —the absence of an independent statutorily-based inspection regime for all nursing homes; —the lack of information and transparency about standards...
- Adjournment Debate. (0 speeches)
- Hospital Staff. (6 speeches)
Yesterday, the Irish Nurses Organisation called on the Health Service Executive to take immediate action to resolve the ongoing nursing shortage being experienced by Kerry General Hospital....
- Decentralisation Programme. (2 speeches)
I thank the Chair for allowing me to raise this important matter and I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to respond. The Government decided in December 2003 to decentralise the...
- Grant Payments. (7 speeches)
I wish to share time with Deputies Wall and Paul McGrath. I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter which is extremely important to so many livestock farmers throughout the...
- Education Schemes. (2 speeches)
I am grateful for the opportunity to raise this issue. The matter refers to the question of supports and, specifically, the back to education allowance scheme, which is successful, despite recent...