Thursday, 26 November 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Marie Moloney that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister of State at the...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Medical Card Eligibility (6 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Ó Ríordáin.
- Autism Awareness (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Jimmy Deenihan, to the House.
- Charities Regulation (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House. I wish to discuss the position in respect of the charities regulator. Even though the relevant legislation was enacted in 2009, the...
- Middle East Issues (4 speeches)
On 22 October and 10 December 2014 Seanad Éireann and Dáil Éireann, respectively, adopted motions calling on the Government to recognise the state of Palestine. A wave of EU...
- Tributes to Member of Staff (5 speeches)
Before I call the Leader to announce the Order of Business, I wish Mr. Bernard Hand the best of luck on his retirement tomorrow. He has spent more than 20 years around the Houses and his is the...
- Order of Business (72 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Planning and Development (Urgent Social Housing Supply) Policy Directive 2015, back from Committee, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business, without...
- Planning and Development (Urgent Social Housing Supply) Policy Directive 2015: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That Seanad Éireann approves the following Policy Directive in draft:Planning and Development (Urgent Social Housing Supply) Policy Directive 2015, a copy of which has been laid in...
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2015: Committee and Remaining Stages (131 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Deputy Brendan Howlin.
- Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Bill 2015: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move:"That, pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Financial...
- Legal Services Regulation Bill 2011: Report Stage (149 speeches)
Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. Also on Report...
- Emergency Department Waiting Times: Statements (52 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Health, Deputy Leo Varadkar, who will address the House first and will be followed by group spokespersons.