Tuesday, 17 November 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 14:30
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Trevor Ó Clochartaigh that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:An gá atá ann go...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Seaweed Harvesting Licences (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Ann Phelan, to the House.
- Apiculture Industry (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy McHugh, to the House.
- Invasive Plant Species (4 speeches)
I ask the Minister of State to outline what the Government is doing about the problem of Japanese knotweed, known botanically as Fallopia japonica. This weed was introduced to Europe by a German...
- Hospital Equipment (5 speeches)
I wish to raise the issue of the MRI scanner for children in Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Crumlin and the associated waiting list for children. The scanner has broken down, and I believe this...
- Election of Member (1 speech)
I have to announce that the following Member has been elected to fill the casual vacancy in the membership of the Seanad to which the resolution of Seanad Éireann on 24 September 2015 has...
- Minute's Silence Following Paris Attacks (1 speech)
Before I read the Order of Business, we will take a minute's silence in commemoration of the victims of the Paris attacks last week.
- Order of Business (38 speeches)
I welcome the new Member, Senator Máiría Cahill, to the House.
- Visit of French Delegation (1 speech)
Before I call the Leader, I am sure Members will join me in welcoming the French ambassador, H.E. Jean-Pierre Thébault, and his colleagues. They are very welcome to Seanad Éireann...
- Order of Business (Resumed) (7 speeches)
I join in welcoming the French ambassador. As Deputy Leader, I acknowledge the show of unity being displayed by everybody today in absolutely condemning the horrific attacks on Paris last week....
- Residential Tenancies (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill 2012: Committee Stage (45 speeches)