Wednesday, 18 November 2015
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Marc MacSharry that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Cancer Screening Programmes (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Paudie Coffey.
- Technological Universities (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister, Deputy Bruton, to the House.
- Industrial Development (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister to the House and I thank him for taking the time to deal with this important issue. In light of yesterday's encouraging unemployment figures, the lowest since 2008, it is...
- Order of Business (18 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re Planning and Development (Urgent Social Housing Supply) Policy Directive 2015 - referral to committee, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of...
- Planning and Development (Urgent Social Housing Supply) Policy Directive 2015: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Planning and Development (Urgent Social Housing Supply) Policy Directive 2015, a copy of which has been laid in draft form before Seanad Éireann on 29th October 2015, be...
- Child Care (Amendment) Bill 2015: Report and Final Stages (9 speeches)
I remind the House that a Senator may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. I welcome the Minister for Children...
- Tributes to Former Senator Jack Fitzsimons (7 speeches)
We will now pay tribute to the late Jack Fitzsimons who was an honourable Member of this Chamber.
- Finance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2015: Committee and Remaining Stages (14 speeches)
Sections 1 to 4, inclusive, agreed to.
- Finance (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2015: Motion for Earlier Signature (1 speech)
I move:That pursuant to subsection 2° of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Finance...
- Services for People with Asthma: Motion (22 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State and call on Senator Mary Ann O'Brien to move the motion. The Senator has ten minutes. I understand Senator Averil Power will second the motion.