Wednesday, 9 April 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Chathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
An Leas-Chathaoirleach: I have received notice from Senator Higgins that on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: An Leas-Chathaoirleach:...
- Order of Business. (83 speeches)
I wish to include in the Order of Business No. 27 on the Order Paper, to be taken without debate. This matter was raised previously by Senator Leyden and he has secured the signatures of the...
- Middle East Crisis: Motion. (1 speech)
I move: That Seanad Éireann calls on the Israeli Government and the Palestinian administration to declare a ceasefire for the duration of Holy Week and Easter, so that during this period...
- Local Government (No. 2) Bill 2003: Motion for Earlier Signature. (1 speech)
I move: That pursuant to subsection 2o of section 2 of Article 25 of the Constitution, Seanad Éireann concurs with the Government in a request to the President to sign the Local Government (No....
- Official Languages (Equality) Bill 2002: Committee Stage (Resumed). SECTION 9. (35 speeches)
Question proposed: "That section 9 be deleted from the Bill."
- Visit by Latvian Minister for Foreign Affairs. (1 speech)
Acting Chairman: I welcome to the Distinguished Visitors Gallery Mrs. Sandra Kalniete, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia. She is very welcome.
- Official Languages (Equality) Bill 2002: Committee Stage (Resumed). SECTION 12. (61 speeches)
Question proposed: "That section 12 stand part of the Bill."
- Business of Seanad. (2 speeches)
Acting Chairman (Mr. Glynn): Before we resume business, the Leader of the House wishes to make a statement.
- Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland Bill 2002: Report and Final Stages. (39 speeches)
Acting Chairman: I remind Senators that they may speak only once on Report Stage, except the proposer of an amendment who may reply to the discussion on the amendment. In addition, each amendment...
- Garda Síochána (Police Co-Operation) Bill 2003: Committee and Remaining Stages. (66 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Electricity Regulation (Amendment) Bill 2003: Second Stage. (11 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." The regulation of the electrical contracting sector in Ireland has been the cause of considerable controversy for some years. Concerns over poor...
- Adjournment Matter. - Mining Leases. (5 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to respond to this important matter, namely, the urgent need for the Minister for Communications, Marine and Natural Resources to expedite...