Tuesday, 1 April 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Browne that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Education and...
- Order of Business. (93 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2003 – Second Stage, to be taken at the conclusion of the Order of Business and conclude not later than 5 p.m., with the...
- Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2003: Second Stage. (1 speech)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Visit by Chinese Ambassador. (1 speech)
Before I call Senator Bannon, I welcome to the House the Chinese ambassador, Zha Hailan, who is in the Distinguished Visitors Gallery and accompanied by his officials. He is very welcome.
- Motor Vehicle (Duties and Licences) Bill 2003: Second Stage (Resumed). (40 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Protection of the Environment Bill 2003: Report and Final Stages. (68 speeches)
Acting Chairman: I welcome the Minister for the Environment and Local Government, Deputy Cullen, to the House. Before we commence, I remind Senators that a Senator may speak only once on Report...
- Employment Permits Bill 2003: Committee Stage. (74 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Employment Permits Bill 2003: Report and Final Stages. (46 speeches)
An Leas-Chathaoirleach: I remind Senators that they may speak only once on Report Stage, except for the proposer of an amendment, who may reply to discussion of an amendment. Each amendment...
- Adjournment Matters. - Schools Building Projects. (3 speeches)
I wish to raise the situation in Bennekerry national school. This school expected to be included in this year's round of schools building projects and there was dismay to find out it is not. That...
- Adjournment Matters. - Hospital Services. (3 speeches)
I am sure this is the first time the Minister of State has heard two Fergals in this House in the one night. I ask the Minister to enlighten us about the state of the health service. We have...