Wednesday, 16 April 2003
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Business of Seanad. (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Bannon that, on the motion for the Adjournment of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter: The need for the Minister for Community, Rural...
- Order of Business. (24 speeches)
The Order of Business today is No. 1, report of the Joint Committee on Standing Orders, to be taken without debate, notwithstanding anything in Private Standing Orders, at the conclusion of the...
- Private Business. - Report of Joint Committee on Standing Orders: Motion. (2 speeches)
I must deal with an item of private business, the report of the Joint Committee on Standing Orders.
- Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Bill 2003: Order for Second Stage. (0 speeches)
Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment of the Irish Auditing and Accounting Supervisory Authority, to give power to it to supervise the regulatory functions of the recognised...
- Companies (Auditing and Accounting) Bill 2003: Second Stage. (25 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Broadcasting (Major Events Television Coverage) (Amendment) Bill 2003 [ Seanad Bill amended by the Dáil ] : Report and Final Stages. (10 speeches)
This is a Seanad Bill which has been amended by the Dáil. In accordance with Standing Order 103, it is deemed to have passed its First, Second and Third Stages in the Seanad and is placed on the...
- Cancer Treatment Services: Statements. (18 speeches)
I am pleased to have the opportunity to describe the extensive investment and reform programme which the Government has been promoting under the national cancer strategy, particularly since the...
- Business of Seanad. (5 speeches)
I understand the Leader of the House wishes to propose an amendment to the Order of Business.
- Cancer Treatment Services: Statements (Resumed). (22 speeches)
I, too, welcome the Minister of State back to the House. I am touched at the nice tone of the debate today, which represents how we all feel about cancer and the treatment services provided for...
- Business of Seanad. (9 speeches)
I understand an amendment has already been proposed to the Order of Business. Is that correct?
- Northern Ireland: Statements. (7 speeches)
I thank the Leader of the House for organising this debate at such short notice. It is important that we should at least publicly reflect on the current situation in Northern Ireland before the...
- Central Mental Hospital: Motion. (25 speeches)
I move: In view of the proposals by the Department of Finance to raise funds by the sale of some Office of Public Works property, Seanad Éireann calls on the Minister for Finance to apportion...
- Adjournment Matter. - Community Development. (2 speeches)
I welcome the Minister for Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Deputy Ó Cuív, to the House on a very important issue relating to my county of Longford. I have brought this motion on social...