Wednesday, 3 October 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (1 speech)
Before I call the Minister of State at the Department of Defence, Deputy Paul Kehoe, to make a short statement, it is important to highlight that it is now almost 10.43 a.m., 13 minutes after the...
- Troop Deployment: Announcement by Minister of State (1 speech)
I advise the House that there has been a delay in the rotation of Defence Forces personnel serving with UNDOF. It will result in a delay for 119 personnel who are returning home to Ireland....
- Ceisteanna - Questions (4 speeches)
In view of the late start, I ask Deputies and the Minister of State to observe the time limits.
- Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Naval Service Operations (17 speeches)
43. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his views on the fact that the LÉ Orla and LÉ Niamh could not set sail to conduct operations during the week 24 to 26 September 2018 as...
- Public Service Pay Commission Reports (7 speeches)
44. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the reason for the delay in submitting the joint submission from the military authorities and his Department to the Public Service Pay Commission...
- Public Service Pay Commission Reports (8 speeches)
45. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans to address the manning level issues in the event that the pay commission does not make credible and functional recommendations to...
- Defence Forces Personnel (13 speeches)
46. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the status of the actions taken by his Department to address concerns raised by the University of Limerick study, entitled Workplace Climate in...
- Naval Service Vessels (9 speeches)
47. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if the construction of the multi-role naval vessel at an estimated cost of €200 million has been put out to tender; if so, if a tender has...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Shannon Airport Facilities (7 speeches)
48. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence if it is the case that Defence Forces personnel involved in aid to civil power duties at Shannon Airport in 2018 were not protecting US military...
- Cyber Security Policy (7 speeches)
49. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the role his Department plays in national cybersecurity; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [40000/18]
- Defence Forces Remuneration (8 speeches)
50. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence his plans to address the problems with recruitment and retention across the Defence Forces; his plans to improve pay and working conditions for...
- Defence Forces Remuneration (11 speeches)
51. To ask the Taoiseach and Minister for Defence the status of recruitment plans for the Defence Forces for 2018 and 2019; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [39922/18]
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (79 speeches)
I call Deputy Micheál Martin.
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (9 speeches)
Yesterday on the Order of Business the Business Committee was asked to consider providing time for Questions on Promised Legislation next week, budget week. That was agreed to by the Business...
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (96 speeches)
We now move to Questions on Promised Legislation. Some 20 Members are offering. We will be able to get to them all if Members keep their contributions brief.
- Sittings and Business of Dáil: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That, notwithstanding anything in Standing Orders, and unless the Dáil shall otherwise order, the following arrangements shall apply in relation to the sittings of the Dáil on...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáíl) - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Northern Ireland (38 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach if he has met or spoken to Ms Arlene Foster and Ms Michelle O'Neill recently on restoring the Northern Executive. [37318/18]
- Programme for Government Review (72 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach his plans to review and extend A Programme for a Partnership Government. [38644/18]
- Gender Equality (22 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach his plans for reconvening a Citizens' Assembly. [38646/18]
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Sean Sherlock - to...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Mental Health (Renewal Orders) Bill 2018, without amendment.
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Science Foundation Ireland Grants (8 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State with responsibility for this issue for coming before the House today. I want to raise the issue of the defunding of the INFANT research centre, a perinatal...
- Garda Overtime (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire. Táim sásta go bhfuil an tAire sinsearach, the senior Minister, is here to deal with this issue. The Garda Commissioner announced a ban on Garda...
- HIQA Reports (4 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Finian McGrath, to the House. I acknowledge his commitment to improving services, especially in the area of disability and care. Serious issues arise...
- National Planning Framework (19 speeches)
Four Members have tabled the next Topical Issue. They each have one minute to make an initial statement. If they exceed it, they will be depriving a colleague of time.
- Housing: Motion [Private Members] (131 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann: notes that:— access to secure and genuinely affordable housing is increasingly out of reach for many people; — from the locked-out generation...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (16 speeches)
I understand there is a proposal to change the Order of Business. I call Deputy Bailey.
- Public Health (Alcohol) Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) (9 speeches)
I remind Members that a decision was taken on amendment No. 16. Amendment No. 17 in the names of Deputies Sherlock, Grealish, Scanlon, Aylward, Fitzpatrick, Breathnach, O'Keeffe, Nolan,...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (1 speech)
It is proposed, notwithstanding the Order of Business on Tuesday, 2 October 2018, that the Dáil shall take No. 24b, motion re report of the Joint Committee on Justice and Equality under...
- Public Health (Alcohol) Bill 2015: Report Stage (Resumed) and Final Stage (143 speeches)
Amendment Nos. 19 and 20 are related and will be taken together.
- Taxation Agreement: Motion (13 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft:The Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures Order 2018,a copy of which was laid before Dáil...
- Taxation Orders 2018: Motion (8 speeches)
I move:That Dáil Éireann approves the following Order in draft:Double Taxation Relief (Taxes on Income and Capital Gains) (Republic of Ghana) Order 2018,a copy of which was laid before...
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) (12 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) (Amendment) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Justice and Equality pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1) of the Standing Orders relative to Public Business.