Tuesday, 23 October 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Leas-Cheann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2 p.m.
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (51 speeches)
The situation in our health service continues to disimprove with up to one million people on outpatient and inpatient waiting lists and severe overcrowding in our accident and emergency...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (3 speeches)
I call Deputy Bailey to announce the Order of Business.
- Ceisteanna ar Reachtaíocht a Gealladh - Questions on Promised Legislation (97 speeches)
A number of Deputies wish to raise issues. I ask all Deputies to ensure their contributions relate to promised legislation or the programme for Government.
- Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) (1 speech)
I must now deal with a postponed division relating to Second Stage of the Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Bill 2018, taken on Thursday, 18 October 2018. On the question, "That...
- Health (Regulation of Termination of Pregnancy) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Health pursuant to Standing Orders 84A(3)(a) and 149(1).
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy John Lahart - to discuss...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Government Information Service (6 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the number of staff employed in the Government Information Service. [37670/18]
- Medical Inquiries (28 speeches)
3. To ask the Taoiseach if he has concerns regarding Government leaks, particularly regarding the Scally inquiry. [37671/18]
- Cabinet Committees (21 speeches)
5. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee B, social policy and public services, last met. [37672/18]
- Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- HSE Expenditure (7 speeches)
63. To ask the Minister for Health the reason for the overrun in health spending in 2018; if he was informed by the HSE in late 2017 or early 2018 that such an overrun was likely; the steps he...
- Nursing Staff Recruitment (7 speeches)
64. To ask the Minister for Health the reason in spite of his commitment to address the recruitment and retention crisis affecting the nursing and midwifery professions, the HSE has stated that...
- Hospital Consultant Recruitment (7 speeches)
65. To ask the Minister for Health his plans for new measures to address the shortfall in consultant psychiatrist numbers; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [43915/18]
- Hospital Waiting Lists (7 speeches)
66. To ask the Minister for Health the number of children on the suspended list for scoliosis surgery; the number who have been treated abroad in 2018; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Medicinal Products Reimbursement (7 speeches)
67. To ask the Minister for Health when the agreement with a company (details supplied) will be completed regarding the treatment of 19 alpha 1 clinical trial patients; his plans to extend the...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Hospital Consultant Contracts (7 speeches)
68. To ask the Minister for Health the steps he will take to restore the services of a paediatric consultant that previously provided clinical paediatric oversight to the services in the National...
- Disease Management (7 speeches)
69. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to bring forward a Lyme disease strategy to help those suffering from the condition. [43600/18]
- Hospital Charges (7 speeches)
70. To ask the Minister for Health his views on the campaign to abolish inpatient charges for cancer patients who do not qualify for a medical card and do not have private health insurance; and...
- General Practitioner Services (7 speeches)
71. To ask the Minister for Health his plans to improve general practitioner coverage nationally in view of the strain that the proposed legislation on abortion rights will put on general...
- National Treatment Purchase Fund (7 speeches)
72. To ask the Minister for Health the additional procedures to be carried out in 2019 under the National Treatment Purchase Fund, NTPF, resulting from the increase in funding from €55...
- Orthodontic Services Waiting Lists (7 speeches)
73. To ask the Minister for Health the waiting time targets in place for children needing orthodontic treatment in County Wexford and the south east and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Hospital Waiting Lists (7 speeches)
74. To ask the Minister for Health the action which will be taken to address the long outpatient waiting times in Sligo University Hospital in which 1,136 persons are waiting more than 18 months...
- Hospital Waiting Lists (9 speeches)
75. To ask the Minister for Health the action he will take to address the long outpatient waiting times in Tallaght University Hospital in which 6,269 persons are waiting more than 18 months for...
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- Health Insurance Payments (10 speeches)
In the spirit of co-operation mentioned by the Minister-----
- Company Closures (8 speeches)
Tá mé buíoch den Cheann Comhairle as an seans seo an ábhar tábhachtach seo a phlé. Tá a lán daoine agus a dteaghlaigh i nDún Dealgan buartha tar...
- Special Educational Needs Service Provision (4 speeches)
I had the opportunity last week at the meeting of the education committee to wish the Minister well in his new position. I reaffirm that now. In fact, on the Saturday the Minister was appointed...
- School Accommodation (14 speeches)
First, I wish to offer congratulations to the Minister on his appointment. I am pleased for him personally and I wish him every success. The Topical Issue matter that I wish to raise affects...
- Finance Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Finance Bill 2018: Second Stage (5 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Two weeks ago I made my Budget Statement in the House. I noted that a decade had passed since the financial crisis. In a dynamic and...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Markets in Financial Instruments Bill 2018 without amendment.
- Prevention of Single-Use Plastic Waste: Motion [Private Members] (25 speeches)
I move:"That Dáil Éireann: acknowledges the gravity of the crisis caused for wildlife and for rivers, lakes and oceans by the quantities of plastics which are finding their way into...
- Finance Bill 2018: Second Stage (Resumed) (4 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."