Tuesday, 2 October 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.00 p.m.
- Ceisteanna ó Cheannairí - Leaders' Questions (35 speeches)
Many of us in this House have met the wives and partners of Defence Forces personnel and the representative organisations of rank and file and commissioned officers, PDFORRA and RACO. We have...
- Gnó na Dála - Business of Dáil (1 speech)
For the information of the House, I wish to advise Members that the motion regarding the ministerial rota for parliamentary questions is incorrectly shown as No. 22 on the first page of...
- An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business (74 speeches)
I call Deputy Brendan Ryan to announce the Order of Business for this week.
- Regulation establishing Internal Security Fund: Motion (Resumed) (1 speech)
Debate resumed on the following motion:
- Prohibition of Fur Farming Bill 2018: First Stage (18 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to prohibit the keeping of animals solely or primarily for slaughter for the value of their fur and to make related amendments to...
- Social Welfare Commission Bill 2018: First Stage (5 speeches)
I move:That leave be granted to introduce a Bill entitled an Act to provide for the establishment of a commission to make recommendations and report annually on the adequacy of social welfare...
- EU Regulations: Referral to Joint Committee (1 speech)
I move:That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion under Protocol No. 21 on the position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in...
- Ministerial Rota for Parliamentary Questions: Motion (2 speeches)
I move:That, notwithstanding anything in the Order of the Dáil of 12th December, 2017, setting out the rota in which Questions to members of the Government are to be asked, Questions for...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Taoiseach's Meetings and Engagements (13 speeches)
1. To ask the Taoiseach the details of his meetings with the EU Heads of Government during the 2018 summer recess; the issues discussed at the meetings; and the views of each on the future of...
- Cabinet Committee Meetings (27 speeches)
4. To ask the Taoiseach when Cabinet committee A (economy) last met. [37437/18]
- Government-Church Dialogue (13 speeches)
9. To ask the Taoiseach if he has met religious leaders in Ireland recently; and his plans for managing the transition to a new relationship between religion, religious institutions and the...
- Ábhair Shaincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 29A and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Thomas Byrne - to...
- Ceisteanna (Atógáil) - Questions (Resumed) - Ceisteanna ar Sonraíodh Uain Dóibh - Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Arts Funding (7 speeches)
60. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the roadmap to meet the commitment to double expenditure on the arts and culture in the next six years; and if she will make a...
- Film Industry (7 speeches)
61. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the steps she has taken to implement the specific conclusions and recommendations that were detailed in the Oireachtas Joint...
- Údarás na Gaeltachta (8 speeches)
62. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht an bhfuil sé i gceist aici breis airgid a lorg ón Aire Caiteachais Phoiblí agus Athchóirithe lena thabhairt...
- Film Industry (9 speeches)
63. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the manner in which she plans to respond to the report by the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht on...
- Arts Funding (9 speeches)
64. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the amount of moneys provided to Galway 2020 to date; the details of the robust project management structures in place at Galway...
- Ceisteanna Eile - Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Heritage Sites (18 speeches)
65. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the position regarding the Hill of Tara and the recent online survey that was conducted. [28766/18]
- Inland Waterways Development (11 speeches)
66. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht her plans to develop a blueway in the waters of Lough Oughter, County Cavan; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [39799/18]
- Creative Ireland Programme (8 speeches)
67. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the way in which each of the specific commitments under pillar 2 of the Creative Ireland programme enabling creativity in every...
- National Heritage Plan (8 speeches)
68. To ask the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht the timeline for the publication of Heritage Ireland 2030. [39363/18]
- National Parks (30 speeches)
This question is not linked with any other, is it?
- Saincheisteanna Tráthúla - Topical Issue Debate (0 speeches)
- State Examinations Appeals (9 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this issue and it is good that the Minister for Education and Skills is present to respond on what I am sure he will agree is a most serious issue. Last...
- Broadband Service Provision (6 speeches)
It is welcome that I finally have the opportunity to raise this issue. There is the roll-out of broadband to many homes, although other homes just metres away will not be able to avail of the...
- Hospital Overcrowding (6 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this important issue for debate. Overcrowding at the accident and emergency department at University Hospital Limerick, UHL, continues to be a major...
- Mental Health (Renewal Orders) Bill 2018: Second Stage (13 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am here this evening to introduce the Mental Health (Renewal Orders) Bill 2018 to the House. As Deputies will be aware, this is an...
- Mental Health (Renewal Orders) Bill 2018: Committee and Remaining Stages (1 speech)
Sections 1 to 3, inclusive, agreed to.
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Home Building Finance Ireland Bill 2018: Report Stage (8 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1:In page 10, line 13, after “interest” to insert “including lower interest rates and longer maturities”. On Second Stage and again on Committee...
- Civil Liability and Courts (Amendment) Bill 2018: Second Stage (19 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I will take eight minutes and my party colleagues will take the remaining 12 minutes. I am delighted to speak on the Bill. To set out the...
- Civil Liability and Courts (Amendment) Bill 2018: Referral to Select Committee (2 speeches)
Given the outbreak of unanimity, I believe we can conclude that everyone is in favour. As this is a Private Members' Bill, it must, under Standing Orders, be referred to select committee.