Wednesday, 17 November 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (105 speeches)
We all know our country has serious economic difficulties, but before I ask my question of the Taoiseach, I am sure the House will join me in expressing the condolences and sympathy of everybody...
- Ceisteanna - Questions. (0 speeches)
International Financial Services Centre
- International Financial Services Centre (19 speeches)
I propose to take Questions Nos. 1 to 4, inclusive, together. As previously stated in the House, my Department has supported the international financial services industry in Ireland since the...
- Church-State Dialogue (21 speeches)
Question 5: To ask the Taoiseach to report on his discussions with churches and faith communities; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [32344/10]
- Visit of Turkish Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with the Order of Business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to extend a céad míle fáilte and most sincere welcome to His Excellency,...
- Order of Business (145 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 5a, motion re the proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the terms of the draft scheme entitled Credit Institutions (Eligible Liabilities Guarantee) (Amendment) (No. 2)...
- Bank Guarantee Scheme: Motion (23 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the terms of the draft scheme entitled Credit Institutions (Eligible Liabilities Guarantee) (Amendment) (No. 2) Scheme 2010, a copy of which draft scheme was...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Garda Operations (8 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if he has received a report from the Garda Commissioner on the policing of the student demonstrations that took place outside...
- Juvenile Offenders (8 speeches)
Question 38: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if he will confirm that just three Anti Social Behaviour Orders have been placed on young offenders since the legislation was...
- Garda Investigations (14 speeches)
Question 39: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform if his attention has been drawn to an article (details supplied) relating to the death of Father Niall Molloy on 18 July 1985...
- Proposed Legislation (6 speeches)
Question 41: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform his views that pre-existing commercial leases which prescribe upwards only rent reviews pose a serious threat to the economic...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Prison Committals (42 speeches)
Question 42: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the number of prisoners in each of our prisons and penal institutions, for which latest figures are available, and the approximate...
- Missing Persons (19 speeches)
Question 43: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform his views on the establishment of a missing children's helpline; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42828/10]
- Criminal Legal Aid (13 speeches)
Question 44: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform the estimated annual cost to the State of the Legal Aid Board administering the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme; if Heads of a Bill have...
- Juvenile Offenders (6 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Justice and Law Reform in light of the ten different community sanctions that have been imposed by the courts as part of the provisions of the Children's...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Christy O'Sullivan - the...
- Bank Guarantee Scheme: Motion (Resumed) (54 speeches)
The following motion was moved by the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Martin Mansergh, on Wednesday, 17 November 2010:
- Local Government (Mayor and Regional Authority of Dublin) Bill 2010: Second Stage (Resumed) (37 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Nursing Home Care: Motion (Resumed) (19 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy James Reilly on Tuesday, 16 November 2010:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Flood Relief (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for accepting this matter on the Adjournment. In November and December 2009, Skibbereen was hit by a series of floods which devastated the local community. The...
- Medical Cards (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the opportunity to raise this matter of huge importance. It is a problem in the HSE primary care reimbursement service system that is preventing medical...
- Legal Advice Services (2 speeches)
The Northside Community Law Centre was founded 35 years ago in Coolock to provide legal information, advice and representation, to protect and develop the human, social and economic rights of...
- Oyster Industry (2 speeches)
Real fears have been expressed about the possibility of diseased oyster seed being imported into the country from contaminated oyster hatcheries abroad, particularly from France. The marine...