Tuesday, 23 November 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 14.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Departmental Records (14 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he has satisfied himself that there are adequate procedures and facilities in his Department for archiving documents held in electronic form; and if he will...
- Public Service Reform (18 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach to report on the publication by him on 4 October 2010 of the Second Report of the Organisational Review Programme [35866/10]
- Northern Ireland Issues (11 speeches)
Question 6: To ask the Taoiseach if he has met the new Ulster Unionist Party Leader Mr. Tom Elliott; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [41192/10]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Social Welfare Benefits (33 speeches)
Question 30: To ask the Minister for Social Protection his views on the fact that certain welfare rates and benefits available under the social welfare system inhibit a return to work; the...
- Money Advice and Budgeting Service (6 speeches)
Question 32: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the action he is taking to assist persons who are over indebted and need help and advice in coping with debt problems; and if he will...
- Rental Accommodation Scheme (16 speeches)
Question 33: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the number of persons claiming rent supplement for more than 18 months for each of the past three years; and if he will make a statement on...
- Social Insurance (21 speeches, 1 comment)
Question 34: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the position regarding the number of self-employed persons; the number of these who are currently unemployed; the pension provision of...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Code
- Social Welfare Code (12 speeches)
Question 35: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the way he plans to reform the social welfare system to provide greater social security for the self-employed [43859/10]
- Departmental Schemes (17 speeches)
Question 36: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the way his work for the dole scheme will work and if the scheme will be compulsory [43860/10]
- Job Creation (9 speeches)
Question 37: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the total number of job facilitators; the average waiting times to access support from a job facilitator; and if he will make a statement...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Pádraic McCormack - the...
- Suspension of Member: Expression of Regret (1 speech)
I have received from Deputy Alan Shatter, who was suspended from the service of the Dáil on Thursday, 18 November, for disregarding the authority of the Chair, a written and approved expression...
- Leaders' Questions (22 speeches)
In the past week we have seen the authority of and trust in this Government evaporate. Having been told only last week that there was no need for any outside intervention or help with regard to...
- Order of Business (148 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. a16, statements on the eurogroup Finance Ministers' meeting of Sunday 21 November, 2010, which is on the Supplementary Order Paper. It is proposed, notwithstanding...
- Visit of the Ambassador to Ireland from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (1 speech)
Before proceeding with business I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a cead mile fáilte, a most sincere welcome to His Excellency, Mr. Ja Song Nam,...
- Meeting of Ministers for Finance of the Eurogroup: Statements (122 speeches)
I call on the Minister for Finance, Deputy Brian Lenihan, to make a statement under Standing Order 43.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Corporation Tax Rate: Motion (27 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann confirm its commitment to the maintenance of the 12.5% rate of corporation tax as an indispensable tool for growth, job creation and economic recovery. With the...
- Adjournment Matters (0 speeches)
- Site Acquisitions (2 speeches)
I have raised this issue to seek clarification on the current position regarding the acquisition of a site to facilitate the amalgamation of the Cahir boys national school and Our Lady of Mercy...
- European Globalisation Adjustment Fund (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for selecting this matter and I am pleased the Minister of State, Deputy Haughey, is in the House to deal with it because responsibility for the Dell element of the...
- Flood Relief (2 speeches)
Last November serious flooding took place in my constituency in the Claregalway, Lisheenavalla, Caherlea and Carnmore areas in County Galway. The first anniversary of this flooding passed on 20...
- Services for People with Disabilities (2 speeches)
The Acting Chairman, Deputy Kathleen Lynch, will be aware of the matter I raise as I have raised it on the Adjournment on two previous occasions in this Dáil. I also believe the Minister of...