Tuesday, 2 November 2010
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Resignation of Member (1 speech)
Before I call on the Taoiseach, I wish to announce for the information of the House that I received a letter of resignation from Deputy James McDaid as a Member of Dáil Éireann with effect from...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
National Security Committee
- National Security Committee (22 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach Taoiseach when the National Security Committee will next meet; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30243/10]
- Decentralisation Programme (22 speeches)
Question 2: To ask the Taoiseach Taoiseach the number of staff in his Department who have applied for relocation under the decentralisation programme; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Appeals
- Social Welfare Appeals (6 speeches)
Question 45: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the number of social welfare appeals being processed; the average waiting time to process social welfare appeals; and if he will make a...
- Marriages of Convenience (36 speeches)
Question 46: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the action he will take to address the problem of sham marriages [39266/10]
- Social Welfare Fraud (20 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Social Protection his Department's fraud savings target for 2010; the amount that has been saved to date [38981/10]
- Employment Support Services (7 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he will provide details on his plans to extend the rural social scheme and the community services programme at no additional cost; the...
- Pension Provisions (8 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Social Protection the number of defined benefit pension schemes which fail the minimum funding standard; the number of persons affected by this; and if he...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Appeals
- Social Welfare Appeals (20 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Social Protection his plans to recruit and divert more appeals officers to the Social Welfare Appeals Office to deal with the backlog of social welfare...
- Social Welfare Benefits (20 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Social Protection if he has considered easing the qualification requirements for back to education allowance having regard to the rising needs in the...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Jimmy Deenihan - the...
- Leaders' Questions (43 speeches)
The Government lost another man overboard today.
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (31 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call on Deputies in the order in which they submitted notices to my office....
- Order of Business (127 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 7, motion re appointment of members to Standing Joint Committee on Consolidation Bills; No. 8, motion re proposed approval by Dáil Éireann of the report by the...
- Membership of Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the following members be appointed to the Standing Joint Committee on Consolidation Bills:- Deputies Michael Ahern, Michael McGrath and Jim O'Keeffe.
- Service by Defence Forces with United Nations: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Dáil Éireann approves the report by the Minister for Defence regarding service by the Defence Forces with the United Nations in 2009, copies of which were laid before Dáil...
- Value-Added Tax Consolidation Bill 2010: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
Bill entitled an Act to consolidate enactments relating to value-added tax.
- Value-Added Tax Consolidation Bill 2010: Second Stage (14 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." I am delighted to introduce Second Stage of the Value-Added Tax Consolidation Bill 2010, not least as a former member of the tax strategy group...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Enterprise, Trade and Innovation has completed its consideration of the Chemicals (Amendment) Bill 2010 and has made an amendment thereto.
- Private Members' Business. (40 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann condemns the Government for its incompetence in dealing with the banking crisis and, in particular: — the failure of the Government to ensure adequate supervision of...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- School Curriculum (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important issue. As business is the engine that keeps the country running and drives the local and national economy, perhaps it is time...
- National Asset Management Agency (2 speeches)
I wish to raise the important issue of NAMA and its efforts to date in pursuing developers who owe money to the agency, particularly focusing on the foreclosure of bankrupt developers. I raise...
- Garda Stations (4 speeches)
The Department of Justice and Law Reform, the Garda Commissioner, the Office of Public Works, OPW, and local Garda management all agree the current site for Tralee's Garda station is not suitable...