Wednesday, 11 November 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Leaders' Questions (38 speeches)
Yesterday, I asked the Taoiseach about the Government's plans regarding child benefit as part of the social welfare package and he replied that all elements of Government expenditure were being...
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
EU Council Meetings.
- EU Council Meetings. (30 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will report on his attendance at the meeting of the European Council on 29 and 30 October 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [38346/09]
- Constitutional Amendments. (33 speeches, 5 comments)
Question 4: To ask the Taoiseach the constitutional referenda he will hold in the remainder of 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30608/09]
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (3 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a notice under Standing Order 32. I call Deputy Ó Snodaigh.
- Order of Business (126 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 28, Statements on European Council, Brussels; No. 29, Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009 - Order for Report, Report and Final Stages; and No. 27, Public Transport...
- European Council Meeting: Statements (25 speeches)
Statements shall be confined to the Taoiseach and to the main spokespersons for Fine Gael, the Labour Party and Sinn Féin, who shall be called upon in that order and who may share time, which...
- Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has completed its consideration of the Communications Regulation (Premium Rate Services) Bill 2009 and has made amendments thereto.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (Resumed) (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Benefits.
- Social Welfare Benefits. (30 speeches)
Question 60: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the steps she is taking to reduce the cost of rent supplement to the Exchequer; and if she will make a statement on the matter....
- Social Welfare Appeals. (6 speeches)
Question 62: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs her plans to review the habitual residency condition rules or the existing legislation in view of the recent decisions of the...
- Social Welfare Code. (20 speeches)
Question 63: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs if she will give a commitment not to reduce the half-rate carers payment in Budget 2010. [40999/09]
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Social Welfare Code.
- Social Welfare Code. (29 speeches)
Question 65: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs her plans to review the guidelines for assessing a person under the habitual residence condition; and if she will make a statement...
- Social Welfare Benefits. (12 speeches)
Question 67: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs her plans to reinstate the Christmas bonus for December 2009. [40718/09]
- Child Poverty. (23 speeches)
Question 68: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the progress being made by her in the development of a second tier child income support payment as per commitments in the programme...
- Money Advice and Budgeting Service. (10 speeches)
Question 69: To ask the Minister for Social and Family Affairs the waiting list to access the Money Advice and Budgeting Service; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [40611/09]
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Deirdre Clune - the need...
- Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: "That Report Stage be taken now."
- Labour Services (Amendment) Bill 2009: Report and Final Stages (61 speeches)
I move amendment No. 1: In page 3, to delete lines 13 and 14 and substitute the following: " " 'Act of 1995' means the Ethics in Public Office Act 1995; 'material interest' shall be construed in...
- Public Transport Regulation Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (15 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Public Transport Regulation Bill 2009: Referral to Select Committee (1 speech)
I move: That the Bill be referred to the Select Committee on Transport, in accordance with Standing Order 122(1) and paragraph 1(a)(i) of the Orders of Reference of that committee.
- Communications (Retention of Data) Bill 2009: Message from Select Committee (1 speech)
The Select Committee on Justice, Equality, Defence and Women's Rights has completed its consideration of the Communications (Retention of Data) Bill 2009 and has made amendments thereto.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Accountability of Government Agencies and Companies: Motion (Resumed) (19 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Fergus O'Dowd on Tuesday, 10 November 2009:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for facilitating this debate. While attitudes to mental health have changed over the years, a recent national survey undertaken by St. Patrick's University Hospital,...
- Death of Irish Citizen in Bolivia. (2 speeches)
Go raibh maith agat, a chathaoirligh. Tá áthas orm an seans a bheith agam labhairt faoi Mhicheál Ó Duibhir as Condae Thiobraid Árainn, a fuair bás ins an Bholaive. I am grateful to the...
- Architectural Heritage (2 speeches)
I welcome the opportunity to raise this Adjournment matter but in light of the previous one, it seems irrelevant. Nonetheless, I welcome the opportunity to speak on it. The Poolbeg chimneys are...
- Water and Sewerage Schemes. (2 speeches)
I thank the Chair for allowing me to raise this matter on the Adjournment. More than 50 years ago, a predecessor of mine, a Deputy from Tipperary South - I do not remember his name - put down a...