Wednesday, 18 November 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 10.30 a.m.
- Visit of US Delegation (1 speech)
Before proceeding with Business, I wish on my own behalf and on behalf of the Members of Dáil Éireann to offer a Cead Mile Fáilte, a most sincere welcome to Ms Christine Quinn, Speaker of the...
- Leaders' Questions. (42 speeches)
I welcome Ms Quinn to Ireland. Before putting my question to the Taoiseach, I wish to say that my thoughts this morning are with the families of the four young women who died last night and with...
- Ceisteanna - Questions. (0 speeches)
- Ministerial Appointments. (38 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach the appointments made by him since May 2008 to date in 2009 to the State boards, or other agencies under his aegis; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Freedom of Information. (33 speeches)
Question 3: To ask the Taoiseach the number of freedom of information requests received by his Department since January 2009; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [30630/09]
- National Security Committee. (13 speeches)
Question 8: To ask the Taoiseach when the national security committee established to monitor the threat of a terrorist attack will next meet; and if he will make a statement on the matter....
- Order of Business (176 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 1, Courts and Court Officers Bill 2009 - amendments from the Seanad and No. 2, Adoption Bill 2009 [Seanad] - Second Stage. Private Members' business shall be No. 76,...
- Courts and Court Officers Bill 2009: From the Seanad (7 speeches)
The Dáil went into Committee to consider amendments from the Seanad.
- Message from Dáil (1 speech)
Dáil Éireann has agreed to the amendments made by Seanad Éireann to the Courts and Court Officers Bill 2009.
- Adoption Bill 2009: Second Stage (5 speeches)
I move: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time." Before beginning this important debate I wish to acknowledge the difficult year this has been for everybody involved in international adoptions...
- (0 speeches)
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
Middle East Peace Process.
- Middle East Peace Process. (8 speeches)
Question 47: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he will establish an Irish forum on the Israeli and Palestinian conflict; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [42164/09]
- Overseas Development Aid. (16 speeches)
Question 48: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if, in view of the 25% reduction in overseas development aid spending over the past 12 months and the consequences from this which have flown...
- EU Appointments. (12 speeches)
Question 49: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he has made contact with his EU counterparts to support the candidacy of the EU's Ambassador to Washington and former Taoiseach, Mr. John...
- Humanitarian Aid. (6 speeches)
Question 50: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he acknowledges that the most appropriate way of marking the 20th anniversary of the murder of six Jesuits, their housekeeper and her...
- European Union Relations. (13 speeches)
Question 51: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the position on the report of the European Parliament's Committee on Constitutional Affairs on the development of relations between the...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
- Diplomatic Representation. (32 speeches)
Question 52: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if he has held recent meetings with the Ambassador of the United States; the discussions he has had; and if he will make a statement on the...
- Foreign Conflicts. (10 speeches)
Question 53: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs if the situation in Afghanistan will be discussed at the next EU Council of Ministers meeting; his views on the deployment of extra troops;...
- Overseas Development Aid. (10 speeches)
Question 54: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the amount of the overseas aid budget that was allocated to each of the top ten non-governmental organisation partners here each year in 2007...
- European Union Appointments. (19 speeches)
Question 55: To ask the Minister for Foreign Affairs the extent to which he has had discussions with his colleagues in the EU regarding the matter of key appointments to the EU institutions...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Tom Hayes - the need to...
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has agreed to the amendments made by Dáil Éireann to amendments Nos. 11, 12 and 13 made by Seanad Éireann to the National Asset Management Agency Bill 2009.
- Adoption Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (49 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Message from Seanad (1 speech)
Seanad Éireann has passed the Defence (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009, without amendment.
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- International Human Trafficking: Motion (Resumed) (27 speeches)
The following motion was moved by Deputy Denis Naughten on Tuesday, 17 November 2009:
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
Schools Building Projects.
- Schools Building Projects. (4 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this important matter on the Adjournment. The John F. Kennedy Memorial School, Ennis Road, Limerick, caters for 282 boys from second class to...
- Mid-West Task Force Report (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for facilitating me in raising this matter on the Adjournment tonight. Perhaps the Ceann Comhairle will inform me when I have one minute remaining. The mid-west task...
- Hospital Accommodation. (5 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me and Deputy Ó Caoláin to raise this important issue. The outbreak of C. difficile at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda did not come as any...
- Irish Language Placenames. (2 speeches)
Táim an-bhuíoch as an deis a thug an Ceann Comhairle domsa labhairt anocht faoi thábhacht úsáid logainmeacha sa phost. I am very grateful to the Ceann Comhairle for giving me the...