Tuesday, 10 November 2009
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Ceann Comhairle i gceannas ar 2.30 p.m.
- Ceisteanna - Questions (0 speeches)
- Official Engagements. (33 speeches)
Question 1: To ask the Taoiseach if he will make a statement on the outcome of his meeting on 7 July 2009 with the Secretary General of the United Nations, Mr. Ban Ki-moon. [30600/09]
- Priority Questions (0 speeches)
- Legislative Programme. (6 speeches)
Question 73: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform his plans to amend the Sex Offenders Act 2001; and his views on the effectiveness of the legislation. [40406/09]
- Crime Levels. (9 speeches)
Question 74: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of recorded cases of so-called tiger robberies, in which staff or relatives of staff of financial institutions...
- Garda Investigations. (8 speeches)
Question 75: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of investigations into alleged human trafficking since the introduction of the Criminal Law (Human Trafficking)...
- Social Welfare Fraud. (15 speeches)
Question 76: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the measures he has in place to track the movements and behaviour of known serious criminals living in housing estates; the...
- Anti-Social Behaviour. (20 speeches)
Question 77: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the additional supports he will put in place for the Garda to deal with anti-social behaviour in public and private housing...
- Other Questions (0 speeches)
Services for People with Disabilities.
- Services for People with Disabilities. (12 speeches)
Question 78: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform if he will review and revise the national disability strategy in view of the postponing of the implementation of legislative...
- Garda Strength. (46 speeches)
Question 79: To ask the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform the number of senior Garda officers which have sought early retirement from An Garda Síochána in the past six months, in...
- Adjournment Debate Matters (1 speech)
I wish to advise the House of the following matters in respect of which notice has been given under Standing Order 21 and the name of the Member in each case: (1) Deputy Mattie McGrath - the...
- Leaders' Questions (27 speeches)
We are now four weeks from the budget when the Government will attempt to put forward its choices in respect of bringing in €4 billion. These choices are obviously difficult. Owing to choices...
- Requests to move Adjournment of Dáil under Standing Order 32 (7 speeches)
Before coming to the Order of Business, I propose to deal with a number of notices under Standing Order 32. I will call Deputies in the order in which they submitted their notices to my office.
- Order of Business (86 speeches)
It is proposed to take No. 10, motion re referral to joint committee of proposed approval by Dáil Éireann for a Council framework decision on accreditation of forensic service providers...
- EU Council Framework Decisions: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That the proposal that Dáil Éireann approves the exercise by the State of the option or discretion provided by Article 1.11 of the Treaty of Amsterdam to take part in the adoption of...
- Membership of Committee: Motion (1 speech)
I move: That Deputy Thomas P. Broughan be discharged from the Committee on Procedure and Privileges and that Deputy Joe Costello be appointed in substitution for him."
- Defence (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009: Order for Report Stage (1 speech)
I move: That Report Stage be taken now.
- Defence (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2009: Report and Final Stages (8 speeches)
As there are no amendments on Report Stage, we will move on to the Final Stage. Bill reported without amendment.
- Public Transport Regulation Bill 2009 [Seanad]: Second Stage (Resumed) (22 speeches)
Question again proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Private Members' Business (0 speeches)
- Accountability of Government Agencies and Companies: Motion (65 speeches)
I move: That Dáil Éireann: notes that: - CIE has received and spent €6.23 billion of taxpayers' money since 1997; - the National Roads Authority, NRA, has received and spent over €13...
- Adjournment Debate (0 speeches)
- Nursing Homes Support Scheme (2 speeches, 1 comment)
I ask the Minister for Health and Children to clarify matters causing confusion around the operation of the fair deal scheme as it operates with nursing homes and to allay fears that a transition...
- Legislative Programme (2 speeches)
I firmly believe we need legislation to ensure that professional and corporate lobbyists are obliged to be registered, and that the lobbying industry would be regulated. We saw the extraordinary...
- School Accommodation. (2 speeches)
I welcome the common sense approach that was adopted by the Minister for Education and Science in his recent press release on prefabricated classrooms. The construction of permanent classrooms...
- Schools Building Projects. (2 speeches)
I thank the Ceann Comhairle for allowing me to raise this matter. I welcome that the Minister of State spoke about devolved grants which are extremely important for many of the smaller schools....