Wednesday, 14 February 2018
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Catherine Noone that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, she proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Health to...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Infectious Disease Screening Service (6 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State for coming to the House to take this debate. I would like the Minister for Health to oversee the introduction of the loop medicated isothermal amplification, LAMP,...
- Long Stay Residential Units (16 speeches)
I have asked the Minister of State here today to discuss the planned closure of the Rosalie unit in my home town of Castlerea, County Roscommon. A public meeting about the threatened closure of...
- Mobility Allowance (4 speeches)
I thank the Minister of State, Deputy Jim Daly, for coming before the House on this matter. This scheme was abandoned or abolished by a decision of the Government in February 2013. I am...
- Sports Capital Programme (3 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy Brendan Griffin, and thank him sincerely for his attendance. As he is aware, many towns in the Border region suffered due to the Troubles in Northern...
- Order of Business (185 speeches)
The Order of Business is No. 1, motion re the Fifth Report of the Committee of Selection, to be taken on the conclusion of the Order of Business without debate; No. 2, Telecommunications Services...
- Committee of Selection: Motion (1 speech)
I move:That the Fifth Report of the Committee of Selection be laid before the Seanad.
- Telecommunications Services (Ducting and Cables) Bill 2018: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Telecommunications Services (Ducting and Cables) Bill 2018: Second Stage (11 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Planning and Development (Amendment) Bill 2016: Committee Stage (200 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State, Deputy English, to the House.
- Mental Health (Amendment) Bill 2017: Committee Stage (14 speeches)
Section 1 agreed to.
- Job Losses at Kerry Foods, Carrickmacross, County Monaghan: Statements (6 speeches)
I am disappointed by the announced redundancies at Rye Valley. Although the country as a whole is moving towards full employment, that does not make it easier for any person faced with...