Wednesday, 30 November 2016
- Prelude (0 speeches)
Chuaigh an Cathaoirleach i gceannas ar 10:30:00
- Business of Seanad (1 speech)
I have received notice from Senator Robbie Gallagher that, on the motion for the Commencement of the House today, he proposes to raise the following matter:The need for the Minister for Education...
- Commencement Matters (0 speeches)
- Teacher Exchange Scheme (4 speeches)
Cuirim fáilte roimh an Aire Stáit go dtí an Teach. The Minister of State is very welcome and I thank him for his attendance. I raise the teacher exchange scheme which is designed...
- Northern Ireland (5 speeches)
The Minister of State will be aware that the British Secretary of State, Mr. James Brokenshire, in response to a parliamentary question recently asserted that the whole of Lough Foyle was within...
- VAT Payments (5 speeches)
I welcome the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Deputy Eoghan Murphy, to the House.
- Membership of Committees (1 speech)
In accordance with the order of the House of 24 November, I will announce for the information of the Seanad the names of the Senators appointed to be members of the Joint Committee on the Future...
- Order of Business (43 speeches)
The Order of Business is Private Members' business motion No. 21.10, to be taken at 12.45 p.m. with the time allocated to the debate not to exceed two hours; No. 1, Criminal Justice (Suspended...
- Presidential Voting Rights: Motion (102 speeches)
I move:That Seanad Éireann calls on the Government to implement the recommendation of the Constitutional Convention to give citizens resident outside the State the right to vote in...
- Criminal Justice (Suspended Sentences of Imprisonment) Bill 2016: Committee and Remaining Stages (8 speeches)
Sections 1 to 4, inclusive, agreed to.
- Knowledge Development Box (Certification of Inventions) Bill 2016: Order for Second Stage (1 speech)
- Knowledge Development Box (Certification of Inventions) Bill 2016: Second Stage (20 speeches)
Question proposed: "That the Bill be now read a Second Time."
- Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign: Motion (59 speeches)
I ask Senator Norris to move the motion.